Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    We use the blue tarps as well untill I can outfit my entire family. Nothing wrong with using what you've got. Since it's car camping, you can bring whatever you need and even what you don't.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    I will have some extra booster quilts in the form of down throws and even a TQ/UQ or two. I also have 2 extra hammocks (ENO's) and a Clark Vertex available for use if anyone is in need.

If anyone has any concerns about their ability to set up, please don't. There will be plenty of seasoned veterans who can help you get dialed in to your hammock and are excited and happy for the chance to do so.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    And extra tarps. I have a couple of extra tarps. The ENO's are one link systems so they have the bug nets and tarps as well....
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by BookwormStorm View Post
    Well this does make me feel a bit better, I also have been rewatching peoples videos on YouTube of Hangcons past and noticed a couple of people using utility tarps on their rigs.

MacDuff- I have a lightweight synthetic bag that I bought from the dreaded WalMart to use with my hammock before I knew anything about under insulation. It's rated for 40 deg. but I'm sure that would be pushing it. I made some modifications to it so I could use it as an underquilt and it worked excellently this past summer at a camp out, But if it drops down into the 20's like it has in the past I'd be in trouble trying to use it and a blanket up top. So my plan is to pull the trigger on an UQ but use my bag as a TQ and layer it with my wool cloak [yep a cloak]. Now that it's cooling off up here I'll have to try that combo out to see if it's going to work as well as I think it's going to, it was way to hot last time I was out for what is basically a heavy wool blanket. But I did wear it in some really heavy winter mix back in January this year and stayed toasty warm so I'm optimistic about it working.

Randonneur- My modded sleeping bag underquilt thingamajig still needs some tweeking to use it, I think I failed to use enough shock cord for the suspension it never slipped completely off but it still moved around quite a bit. I reckon I'm just worried about being prepared enough, it's about an 11 hour drive for me to make it down, not counting stops, and I'd hate to get all the way down there and have to bail out because I didn't pack enough warm stuff lol. I've even been trying to brainstorm on what I should be supplementing my wardrobe with since you bring up not packing a jacket. As enthusiastic as I am about getting into camping, it's hard to get gear together with all the other parts of life that get in the way. But I'm sure that no matter what I show up with, I'm going to learn something and get some awesome stories out of it. Even the stories we have of when we mess up are helpful to someone, even if it's just to give 'em a laugh!

Hope to see you both there!
    If it helps in deciding temp rating. My wife is a very cold sleeper and she has been more than warm enough in my 20° Hammock gear. That should also serve you well in your neck of the woods. We have an extra 30° sleeping bag if you need to supplement your TQ. Haven't gotten the whole family down top quilts yet so that really cold year I layered two 30° bags on my daughter and it worked great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Flagship X
    Tarp
    Serac
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by BookwormStorm View Post
    my wool cloak [yep a cloak].!
    CLOAK BUDDY! Yes my "wool blanket" is also really a wool cloak from my SCA days in New York. Love that thing but there is little to no use for it here in Florida. HangCon will be a good excuse to break it out again.

Hammock
    Magellan Outdoors Double
    Tarp
    OT 12' Shelter
    Insulation
    DIY Stuff
    Suspension
    Magellan Straps
    As always ya'll continue to prove how cool and welcoming of a community hammocking provides. I'm in a bit of a waiting game right now trying to find out about being able to get the time off to go, but I'm hoping to find out soon so I can get my name on that sign up sheet- I'm trying to talk a buddy or two in to making the trip so we can split up travel expense, because after doing the math I can get a whole new setup together for about what it costs me to rent a car or drive my own gas guzzler down there, so if it's possible I might as well invest that cash into more gear instead right?

Scott- After spending so much time as an adult out of the world of camping, our whole setup for even our tent car camping trips is not where it needs to be for anything to close to winter, thankfully as FloridaHanger has pointed out, it is car camping so I could really pile in the stuff like extra blankets and what not if I needed to.

MacDuff- I somehow miraculously came across a bin of fabric at Goodwill last year that had wool in it for seven bucks and couldn't pass up on the opportunity since I'd been wanting to try out a cloak for at least a couple of years prior- I finished making it up last January just in time for what was more or less an ice storm with a ton of wind and it performed AMAZINGLY. I'm considering making a couple more out of various materials for different weather situations as an experiment. I've laid out on the floor and such with my feet in the hood and it's just the perfect length for me to be able to pull it up as a TQ and it's about 3/4 circle in size so more than enough width on it, I've yet to test it outside in the cold as of yet, but I think it's going to be great. I need to get it out and test it soon, we have some decently cool weather going on this weekend here- I think the subject of wool items as hammock insulation could make an interesting thread to start.

You guys are all so great for all of the encouragement that you give, it helps make my day little brighter anytime I jump on here to check the updates. Have an amazing day everyone!
    -Amanda
    "To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life." -James Thurber

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    So here is an idea...for those that dehydrate their own food...would anyone be interested in a dehydrated meal cook off? Bring you best DIY meals and have a blind taste test to see who’s the best. I’d be happy to throw some money into a Dutch, RSBTR, or other vendor gift certificate for the winner.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu.
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    So here is an idea...for those that dehydrate their own food...would anyone be interested in a dehydrated meal cook off? Bring you best DIY meals and have a blind taste test to see who’s the best. I’d be happy to throw some money into a Dutch, RSBTR, or other vendor gift certificate for the winner.
    I've been thinking about trying to dehydrate my own stuff so I'd love to see this. Especially if people shared their ingredients.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Scott_Adkins; 10-14-2019 at 21:35.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    Definitely a cool idea, I'm with Scott about sharing the ingredients after. I could use some pointers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast