Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    I cant figure out how to find it from my phone, lol oh well guess I will be surprised!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Maybe this will help.
    Screenshot_20200112-200829_Chrome.jpg

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound352 View Post
    Thank you!!!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch 12' Winter
    Insulation
    CRO, J'R'B
    Suspension
    Dutch web/ beetle
    You're welcome, see you there.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound352 View Post
    You're welcome, see you there.
    See ya there!!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    Tips for First Time Hangcon Hangers (and I'm sure the list will continue)
    1.Sign Up on the Google Sheet and let us know your coming.

2. Buy plenty of raffle tickets. Our raffle is crazy big and so are the prizes. My thoughts are this event is free for us, but it isn't free to host. 30 bucks a day in raffle tickets could not cover the cost of campground camping plus 2 meals a day. So show some love and buy raffle tickets.

3. Bring with you a can food donation. Our camp host live on very little and we always want to leave a good impression and to help out when we can. Bring something that you would want to eat. Any surplus can goods will be donated to a local food bank.

4. Bring a large beverage to share. We have a drink table that we add to over the weekend. 2 liter drinks, drink mixes, tea, fruit punch, etc. Also, we have coffee and hot water for tea going pretty regularly through the weekend. If you have a favorite instant coffee, bring a few extra to share or trade.

5. FIRST THING… Always come to the front of the back pavilion to check in before you do ANYTHING ELSE. That gets us a chance to meet you, answer any questions you have, and give you important information you may need, like the wristband we will give you to make sure you are supposed to be here. If you see anyone without one direct them to the registration table to get one. Also, wear your name tags.

6. SETUP- Spots close to the main area and parking lot go first. If you want to be away from the action you have plenty of quiet options around the primitive area. If you want to be close to the action and are arriving later than Friday afternoon, bring a stand.

7. Campfire- We encourage you to join the main fire and not start smaller fires around the grounds.Floridahanger does a tremendous job keeping our central campfire going all weekend. It's a great place to be not only for warmth, but the fellowship, stories, conversations, and the occasional sharing of libations. Also, if you want a fire at your site bring a portable firepit.

8. Meal times: Meal times are dependant on a few factors so if a meal doesn't start serving right on time. See if there is anything you can do to help. Also, be courteous and come to meals on time. If you are late and the food is gone. Your on your own. I usually bring a meal or two in case I miss one (which I usually miss breakfast). If you finish a meal early, check on the serving staff (also volunteers) and see if you can relieve them. We try and cover breakfast and dinner. You are on your on for lunch, so play accordingly.

9. Utensils: Bring your personal mess kit and cub/mug. While we have a VERY LIMITED amount of plastic disposable utensils, they go rather quick and end up in some landfill. If you have the ability bring your own mess kit to eat out of. It cuts down on the trash and our helps the environment. If you use one of our trays, offer to help with dishes after the MEAL. DO NOT THROW OUR PLATES AWAY. This also applies to drinks as well, just bring your own cup.

10. Bathrooms: There are facilities in camp to use the restroom and shower. Make sure you pack a towel AND SHOWER SHOES, because unless you make a point to bring it you will forget one and regret it. Also, these bathrooms need to be mopped a couple times a day. Ding! Ding! Another volunteer opportunity.

11. Campsites: you will be responsible for the clean up of your own site. Which goes without saying... Leave it better than you found it.

I'm sure this list will continue to be added to by others but this is a nice starting point.
    Just a few changes with the new location but please read...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images

Final scouting report from Sertoma

Here's what we're finding at Sertoma.

1. These folks are awesome! They are thrilled to have us back. Doe Lake's loss is Sertoma's gain!
    2. Red (the host) is ready with firewood. Call him when you get here. His phone number is posted all over the place.
    3. We outnumber our hosts by over 100 to one. That means: police your own site area, and clean up after yourself in the bathroom and shower rooms. Unless of course, you're bringing your momma with you to do that for you - otherwise, you do it.
    4. We have two critter problems here. First, mosquitoes! The mean black kind. Come prepared. You've been warned! Second, squirrels! They've been fed by so many boy scout troops that they are down right brazen. They will steal the food from your hand while you're eating it! We have permission to kill as many squirrels as we want. Really, really.

TRAVEL SAFE Y'ALL!
    See you in a couple of days! Woo HOOO!!!

Timberrr & Gumbo
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    WB BBXLC
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    Economy Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Does that mean skinning squirrels is allowed on property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Does that mean we are now offering a Thursday morning squirrel hunt as part of our activities?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    Here's what we're finding at Sertoma.

1. These folks are awesome! They are thrilled to have us back. Doe Lake's loss is Sertoma's gain!
    2. Red (the host) is ready with firewood. Call him when you get here. His phone number is posted all over the place.
    3. We outnumber our hosts by over 100 to one. That means: police your own site area, and clean up after yourself in the bathroom and shower rooms. Unless of course, you're bringing your momma with you to do that for you - otherwise, you do it.
    4. We have two critter problems here. First, mosquitoes! The mean black kind. Come prepared. You've been warned! Second, squirrels! They've been fed by so many boy scout troops that they are down right brazen. They will steal the food from your hand while you're eating it! We have permission to kill as many squirrels as we want. Really, really.

TRAVEL SAFE Y'ALL!
    See you in a couple of days! Woo HOOO!!!

Timberrr & Gumbo
    Better spray me clothes! and not forget the bugjuice! Didn't get that coldsnap this year to keep em at bay!

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    30*HG UQ/ 40*UGTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Anyone knows if there’s a spring nearby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Bomber21

• + New Posts