Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    As I said above, I booked my flights and car. I'll be in Jacksonville on Wednesday evening and was hoping to camp at Doe Lake that night but couldn't find a campground called "Doe Lake" on the Ocala National Forest web site. What would be the closest place I can camp to Hangcon the night before it starts?
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Walahalla Monolite 1.5
    Tarp
    Dynemma Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Whoopies slings
    Images
    Here is a link to Doe Lake https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/ocal...40231&actid=33 but I'm not sure what is close by as far as camping. You can always camp at hidden pond the night before and drive in the next day.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    I have a site at Big Scrub Campground for Wednesday night. If anyone else needs a place to stay for the night I'm sure there will be plenty of room to share on my site. Looking at the satellite view, there don't seem to be many trees, so bring a stand. See you at the main event.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    As I said above, I booked my flights and car. I'll be in Jacksonville on Wednesday evening and was hoping to camp at Doe Lake that night but couldn't find a campground called "Doe Lake" on the Ocala National Forest web site. What would be the closest place I can camp to Hangcon the night before it starts?
    First of all, I don't know the area, but that being said, looking at the map below, there seem to be many forest service roads so that you could go down any and probably find a place to set up for the night. Maybe our Florida dwelling friends will chime in.

https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/index.html...2&maxy=3461547

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneShootn View Post
    First of all, I don't know the area, but that being said, looking at the map below, there seem to be many forest service roads so that you could go down any and probably find a place to set up for the night. Maybe our Florida dwelling friends will chime in.

https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/index.html...2&maxy=3461547
    Thanks but as I posted above, I have an actual campsite. Bathrooms, water, life is good.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    myog HyperD1.0
    Tarp
    Zpacks DCF Hex
    Insulation
    EE Revolt, Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Beckett
    Images
    I know you already have a campsite, but To wbJohn (in case you change your mind) and others who may need the option. Haven’t been here long, but I live in Ocala and work literally 5 minutes from Doe Lake so am pretty familiar w/ the area the forest around the Doe Lake Campground definitely has some unofficial dispersed campsite locations. I’ve overnighted there and some of the spots clearly get used by party-ers so have fire rings setup. Shoot me a PM if you want more info.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdogg79 View Post
    I know you already have a campsite, but To wbJohn (in case you change your mind) and others who may need the option. Haven’t been here long, but I live in Ocala and work literally 5 minutes from Doe Lake so am pretty familiar w/ the area the forest around the Doe Lake Campground definitely has some unofficial dispersed campsite locations. I’ve overnighted there and some of the spots clearly get used by party-ers so have fire rings setup. Shoot me a PM if you want more info.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdogg79 View Post
    Thanks but I'm flying in and having access to water and someplace to charge my electronics will be handy. I'll be stopping for dinner and groceries on the way in but this seemed simpler than hiking in the dark in a strange place.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dream Darien, TrailHeadz Wraith
    Tarp
    CRO, HG DCF
    Insulation
    CRO sets
    Suspension
    1.4 uhmwpe+beckets
    Flight booked. Will be flying in to Jacksonville 1/17 and making the drive to Doe's with a buddy coming in from Michigan.

See y'all then!

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Just one month to HangCon y'all!!

We will be making our annual scouting trip to Doe Lake over New Year's when we get together with the folks from the Florida Trail. I'll be sure to post a status update on the campground when we return around January 3rd.

HANGCON!! HANGCON!!!
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast