ukhammocks.co.uk - Dead?

Is ukhammocks.co.uk dead? They haven't responded to any of the emails I've sent over the last few months, their website checkout doesn't work, and their phone number off Facebook is disconnected.

I've seen posts from people getting gear earlier this year but seems bust to me.

If so are there any other decent UK cottage vendors that people recommend at the moment or should I just DIY

thanks everyone

I picked up an Easyhammock classic last year, which is an uninsulated version of their hammock. I got the 11ft which is comfy and well made, and not to pricey.
    Napsack Hammocks have some cheaper ones as well that are worth a look, not tried one of theirs so can't compare.

I'm not aware of any good UK-based manufacturers of hammocks, but there's Blue Sky Lavender for quilts and Henge Hammocks for suspension. There are loads of solid tarp options. You can also get most Hennessy stuff on Amazon with free shipping.

In places with reasonable shipping costs to the UK, there's Cumulus, who sell topquilts, underquilts, and 10' hammocks. There are also Dutchware resellers in Germany and the Netherlands.

I don't know of anywhere in Europe selling Fronkey-style bugnets.

DIY materials are reasonably easy to get: ExTex and profabrics are your best bets for most stuff, and Henge Hammocks above have amsteel. For other splicable UHMWPE cordage, there's Emma Kites (if you click around, they've also got blue, red, and yellow versions that are significantly less invisible-in-anything-but-direct-sunlight).
    Last edited by bluesam3; 09-14-2019 at 08:31.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    UK Hammocks makes excellent gear. I had a Woodsman X hammock and it was extremely comfortable and well priced. Would be a shame if they were shut down.
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Hammock
    WB RR and Ukhammocks x hammock
    Tarp
    HMG cuben fibre
    Insulation
    UKhammocks TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adj webbing + cust
    I ordered an under quilt end of last year. Never got it. They replied two times that the would deliver but never did. Fortunately I paid by mastercard and asked for a refund, as ukhammock never replied to the creditcard company I got my money back. Seemed like to be a fraud company now. It's quite a shame because some years ago a bought a hammock and two quilts without problem and they were of good quality.

Not surprised. Their customer service was atrocious. Took money then never made the products. Tried to fob buyers off with email promises. Check out their Google reviews which showed how bad it was before they disappeared. Mine is the last one. Con merchants

• + New Posts