Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa

Amonk Dramur and Tensa

Well I just woke up from my second night in the Dramur XL setup in my garage on the Tensa stand.

Man I love both of these things!! A match made in Hammock Heaven!!!

I've spent years fiddling with gathered end and then 5 different bridge hammocks and always had issues and compromises one way or another. I got the Tensa a week ago and couldn't get the bridge working properly on it. Head end lower than the foot end wasn't cutting it. I've got some nerve issues in my jaw and sleeping position is critical to a relatively pain free night and that position was killing me. So, I pulled the trigger on the Dramur and it was shipped to my door the next friggin day ... with free shipping even! The ability to raise the head end on the Dramur to a comfy position is a wonderful inspiration by the builders. Kudos to the builders on a really well thought out hammock.

The Tensa stand is brilliant in it's own regard as well, we're so lucky to have dedicated people bringing these things to market for us.

This setup has me sleeping like a baby Time to load the motorcycle and get back out there!!

Now my really nice OES tarp with doors isn't quite cutting it, 12' is too wide and it doesn't cover the foot and head ends well. Looks like a Borg tarp is in my near future.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    Well I just woke up from my second night in the Dramur XL setup in my garage on the Tensa stand.

Man I love both of these things!! A match made in Hammock Heaven!!!

I've spent years fiddling with gathered end and then 5 different bridge hammocks and always had issues and compromises one way or another. I got the Tensa a week ago and couldn't get the bridge working properly on it. Head end lower than the foot end wasn't cutting it. I've got some nerve issues in my jaw and sleeping position is critical to a relatively pain free night and that position was killing me. So, I pulled the trigger on the Dramur and it was shipped to my door the next friggin day ... with free shipping even! The ability to raise the head end on the Dramur to a comfy position is a wonderful inspiration by the builders. Kudos to the builders on a really well thought out hammock.

The Tensa stand is brilliant in it's own regard as well, we're so lucky to have dedicated people bringing these things to market for us.

This setup has me sleeping like a baby Time to load the motorcycle and get back out there!!

Now my really nice OES tarp with doors isn't quite cutting it, 12' is too wide and it doesn't cover the foot and head ends well. Looks like a Borg tarp is in my near future.
    The Borg is a good tarp. Stakes, ridgeline, & guylines included, with Lineloc3s for adjustments on everything. Even the cord is neat, with a Norweian flag-inspired red, white, & blue pattern in the weave - the kind of small touches you see everywhere in the Amok products. If the tarp has any weakness it's that it doesn't provide much sidelong coverage from wind.

Shug has a video where he sets up a Superfly tarp over the Draumr XL. The doors at the sides would help with the wind issue.

I like the Borg though. "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter haven
    Insulation
    Pine UQ / WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti buckle
    Borg means castle in Norwegian. I do like the Star Treek adaptation of it.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    This setup has me sleeping like a baby. Time to load the motorcycle and get back out there!!
    Yaaaaaaaassssssssss!!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE my Tensa stand, and it's a perfect match for my motorcycle trips. The Dramur XL is at the very top of my 'next purchase' list. I think you are absolutely right about that pairing.

Stay safe out there.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    The ability to raise the head end on the Dramur to a comfy position is a wonderful inspiration by the builders. Kudos to the builders on a really well thought out hammock..
    i'm really happy with mine too. the ability to sleep in whatever position you want is such a luxury, and being able to adjust the tension/support in a few different spots makes it really awesome to find a sweet spot.

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    I need to take my Draumr XL for a spin on my Tensa4... and I've been thinking about getting a fixed ridgeline and baseline for the Tensa4 for use with the Draumr. Anyone know what their ridge/baseline lengths are for sleeping in their Draumr XL?

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I use the Amok ridge line, works well, and the Tensa baseline ... so far ...might cut it to a length I like and then it'll be a quick setup.

• + New Posts