Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    These days I find the cost of "air pads" outrageous. Over $100 for what is essentially and air mattress! And it seems the more expensive/gimmicky the less it would work for me. I'm thinking specifically of those with some kind of fill. They are so LOUD. I tried one with similar fill in a pillow design. Every time I moved my head it sounded like crunching a bag full of corn flakes next to my ear. My go-to-ground option - and what I used before I got UQ's - was an older ¾ therm-a-rest Guide. A few years ago, for winter, I bought a similar design (no fancy fill) in full length for winter. I do have plenty of CCF pads (been hiking for decades) collected over the years. They are fine for a day hike and picnic table bench cushions/insulators.

For experiments, I bought a roll of Reflexit. I'll need to see if I can fold the width in half before I roll it. So far, I've just cut the length I want and roll it like a CCF pad. With my therm-a-rests, I can fold them in half, then roll them. The cylinder is larger in diameter of course, but the shorter roll length is easier to pack in a kayak hatch.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    You can do that with reflection, just very bulky, but wicked light and effective. I think it insulates pretty well for the weight and thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12