Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles

Anyone see this kickstarter? Haven tent

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nts/haven-tent

It looks like an amok draumr and a ridgerunner had a baby

I suspect it will be not a backpacker, but it looks interesting as a concept

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I started adding up the weight, but noticed it says the entire systems weighs about much as an adult Pomeranian. Alright...totally got it now!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    it's 5 lbs, all in, give or take.

i'm not crazy about the non-standard air pad tho

but it's really grabbed my attention

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Diy winter tarp
    Insulation
    Old Thermarest pad
    Suspension
    Diy stand
    Images
    Looks interesting. To me it seems like a modified bridge hammock with side walls and zipper hoods. If I had not gotten my dh sparrow recently I might have tried this one. Although it's weight limit is not enough me.

On another note I've seen several companies/ people post their projects on the forum to get ideas reviews like Tensa and a few others. I wonder why this one did not.

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    It's trying to do too much. It probably won't do any of them well. They ask under the hammock category of the comparison chart "Are you a banana?". If they are going after people who think you have to sleep like a banana in a hammock, then they obviously aren't trying to appeal to hammock campers, as they solved the "banana" issue about five minutes after they got their first hammock.

This is like most other kickstarter campaigns: selling a multifunctional product to newbs who don't realize that it will do none of it's functions very well.

I hope they prove me wrong, because I would love a product that could accomplish so many uses effectively. At 6lbs, it better be an allstar if I were going to carry it into the woods.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Thunder/Mtn fly
    Insulation
    WBWookie/EEEnigma
    Suspension
    DClips/BeatleBuckl
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I started adding up the weight, but noticed it says the entire systems weighs about much as an adult Pomeranian. Alright...totally got it now!
    Wait, I have a Pomeranian, and shes an adult! I'll go weigh her now! brb...

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    "Flat as a pancake" isn't necessarily good.

I remember all too well from my many years on the ground that I slept best when the air mat was minimally inflated so that it fit body contours as closely as possible, whether side or back sleeping. This setup appears to require that the air mat is inflated until it is quite firm in order to hold its shape, so I must wonder how well it can match normal body curves.

Also, with my GE hammocks I do not need a pillow, but one would be required for this system. But at 5-6 lbs weight I suppose a few extra ounces for a pillow won't deter the target market.

And how practical is it when it rains? If another tarp is needed over this rig, then it's starting to get seriously heavy and complicated.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    "Flat as a pancake" isn't necessarily good.
    Yeah I never understand the "flat lay" stuff. Hanging is the whole reason why I sleep so well, and full time at home made my back pain go away. I'm definitely not lying flat...more like a la-z-boy position.

I was looking at mattresses recently and the sales guy (pushier than a used car lot) was hounding me. He had me try the $4200 adjustible bed...I wouldn't spend that if I found $4200 on the street. But it was the most comfortable thing ever...and I told him it was almost identical to my $52 hammock (butt lower, legs slightly higher, head propped up a little)

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    And how practical is it when it rains? If another tarp is needed over this rig, then it's starting to get seriously heavy and complicated.
    That's what I was thinking as well. It's one of my concerns about these all-in-one systems with an integrated tarp. You lose all the functionality of having a separate tarp. The part in the video where she shakes the water off the tarp then packs everything up all together means everything gets wet. So much for your next night of sleeping.

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well. It's one of my concerns about these all-in-one systems with an integrated tarp. You lose all the functionality of having a separate tarp. The part in the video where she shakes the water off the tarp then packs everything up all together means everything gets wet. So much for your next night of sleeping.
    Aye the all in one never does well. It takes away all the function, purpose, fun and romance of going tarp style.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast