Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Of course I always want to sleep with my wet, muddy boots. Doesn't everyone?

It is kind of cool but I'm a little leary of those internal poles punching a hole through the side and waking up the unfortunate occupant with a crash landing.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Of course I always want to sleep with my wet, muddy boots. Doesn't everyone?

It is kind of cool but I'm a little leary of those internal poles punching a hole through the side and waking up the unfortunate occupant with a crash landing.
    the new draumr has a boot shelf too, which seems odd to me as well.

the poles I suspect will work just as well as every other bridge style hammock. they're not really a new innovation

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    I'm always more fascinated by the business side of these.

I'm not sure how these kickstarter things could possibly work. That video probably cost half the 10k budget.

I do understand it's a potential place to launch a product with a budget behind it- but there is no way these folks can start up a business with the goal money they claim.
    If they could... why not just sew them and sell them rather than give kickstarter a cut.

Maybe I'm just pissy, lol. I've got a version of that I just don't have time to sew. (Though you can use a separate tarp.)
    Maybe I'm just vastly underestimating how cheap it is to build stuff in Asia.

As for the product itself:

Uninsulated air pad is good to about 60* in a bridge... so the hot chick dusting frost off the morning after she died of hypothermia is impressive.

Minus the useless pad- REI sells a better kit if you are shopping for all in one's with a useless tarp. Though REI's is probably a hair more useful and you have a year to return it.
    https://www.rei.com/product/128163/r...me-air-hammock

The REI thingy isn't really a bridge... not quite sure if this one is either... Amok/bridge baby is pretty accurate structurally.

Though the dogbones look too short for the spreader bars shown and I'm sure it will be very exciting when the poles snap on someone.

More fun though looks like the great combo of semi breathable/water resistant fabric for the bottom of the bridge and no water break on the suspension... Maybe you can hook up that hot tub heater?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    78" long by 23" wide...too narrow and too short

250 lb weight limit... I guess only light weight tenters ( since this is not a hammock according to them ) can use this

Claims only two anchor point needed then shows the tarp using 4 tie outs...which is it

I will stick with my hammock
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I'm coming up on 2 years at HF and already there have been a few of these all-in-one ideas come, and maybe go? I dunno.

They always seem to be enthusiastic noobs who don't really have a feel for the "serious" hammock crowd.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I'm coming up on 2 years at HF and already there have been a few of these all-in-one ideas come, and maybe go? I dunno
    That and reinventing the ENO line over and over again. A couple of years ago one new company claimed to have invented a new suspension system...it was a whoopie sling
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    This is kickstarter. MOAR ANIMATED GIFS!

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Personally I think it looks like it has a number of great qualities. It definitely looks like it provides a flat lay and would be one of the best side sleeping hammocks available. Doesn't look like it has the squeeze associated with most bridge hammocks. I am assuming the ridge line greatly decreases the exorbitant stress on normal bridge hammocks. I would like to give it a try if someone wants to help out with $, perhaps I'll sit at the Wally World parking lot with a sign "New Hammock Needed, anything will help".

Potential weaknesses: The tarp isn't serious, but thankfully you usually have a serviceable tarp to go with any hammock and it should work with this one and it is detachable. Revisiting the poles and stress, I would like to know more about that and how suitable the pole pocket arrangement is. Isn't a backpacking hammock, but neither is an Amok, a DL Sparrow, a DL WBBB XLC and there are plenty of suitable applications for non-backpacking hammocks. My main concern is the potential for "seam slippage" given the location of the seam. Next, stock configuration, it seems to be a pad obligate hammock which has it's pluses and minuses. But then again, I overcame that limitation with my Hammocktent 90 and could do so with this hammock too. Lastly, I have to agree with the why not at least ask for HF feedback. Could be unaware of HF and possibly well aware of the idea pirates that sail these waters. And possibly because they know they could be heading into a maelstrom of negativism, fault finders, and so forth it they ventured hereabouts.

I wish them the best and hope through several iterations it turns into another great hammock design.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I kinda want one!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven