Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

HYOH Podcast - Episode 48 (attroll)

In this episode, Jonathan and Mark go for a drive to do an onsite chat with Rick Towle (attroll), founder and operator of the Hammock Forums and Whiteblaze online forums. After chatting about building an online community and the changes that have occurred in the past few years, we finish off the conversation by chatting about how to take a great online photo.

After the interview, Mark and Jonathan chat about setting up and a little about camping in the rain, and finally Gresh and Spiguyver have some great advice about how to avoid online scams and fraudsters.

Finally, a big welcome to Chris Duffy and Todd Quest. Chris and Todd will be taking over hosting the podcast over the next few months.

Show Notes:

As always, we always invite your comments and suggestions on our Facebook page – like us there at https://www.facebook.com/hyohpodcast and join the conversation – we love the questions we have been getting for Mark and Gresh. You can listen to or subscribe to the podcast from a link on our home page online at https://www.hyohpodcast.com or give us a review on our page in iTunes. If you’d like to buy Mark and Jonathan a cup of coffee, go to https://www.hyohpodcast.com/donate to make a one-time donation, or you can donate monthly to our Patreon Campaign at https://www.patreon.com/hyohpodcast. As always, thanks so much for hanging around!

Images
    Downloaded and I'm looking forward to listening.

Jonathan, I'm curious, did you and Mark have episode 48 (4 years) in mind for your exit strategy? Episode 50 (nice, round number)? No specific number? In any case, thanks very much to both of you for all the hard work and commitment that went into planning, recording, and editing this entertaining, commercial-free podcast and the accompanying website. I know that's a lot of effort and for that I'm grateful. I've listened to the podcast in the car, in airports & planes, and even just at home while lounging in a hammock. Best of luck to both of you in the future and happy hanging for years to come.

No idea that Rick had written a book at all, so I learned something (as always). Good interview.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Chameleon,Yukon double
    Tarp
    DIY RSBTR Winter
    Insulation
    mix of Hg & DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post

Jonathan, I'm curious, did you and Mark have episode 48 (4 years) in mind for your exit strategy? Episode 50 (nice, round number)? No specific number? In any case, thanks very much to both of you for all the hard work and commitment that went into planning, recording, and editing this entertaining, commercial-free podcast and the accompanying website. I know that's a lot of effort and for that I'm grateful. I've listened to the podcast in the car, in airports & planes, and even just at home while lounging in a hammock. Best of luck to both of you in the future and happy hanging for years to come.
    We are slowly walking backwards towards the door now. Slowly bringing Chris and Todd in, but looking to 50 being the final one with us. It was just a nice round number. Wasn't any specific reasoning to it.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    finally got around to listening to this one (busy summer), great as always. I actually enjoyed the background noise vs a sterile studio / office. Maybe it's just me but it felt more "organic", I don't know.

Also, glad Mark had a good time at the MidHHA group hang last July, it was nice to put a face with the voice.

I hope the new host spend a little time introducing themselve, wishing them all the luck and look forward to continued podcast success.

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    I hope the new host spend a little time introducing themselve, wishing them all the luck and look forward to continued podcast success.
    Seems like as good as a lead is as any!

Hello!!

I am Chris, aka heyduff. Todd and I are very excited to help continue the podcast for the foreseeable future.

Jonathan and Mark have been wonderful transitioning over the podcast, there are a lot of moving pieces and things are settling into place.

It won't be long and I will post more...stay tuned!

Until then, please, join me in thanking Jonathan and Mark for their dedication and enjoy their last few podcasts with me!

Images
    Well that introduces Chris. Is Todd also a forum member? I can think of at least 1 Todd here.

Sorry if this was answered in the latest episode. I've not yet had a chance to listen.

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Well that introduces Chris. Is Todd also a forum member?
    Albion Knight, aka Todd, is out hammock camping as we speak, he can chime in when he's back within cell signal range.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heyduff View Post
    Seems like as good as a lead is as any!

Hello!!

I am Chris, aka heyduff. Todd and I are very excited to help continue the podcast for the foreseeable future.

Jonathan and Mark have been wonderful transitioning over the podcast, there are a lot of moving pieces and things are settling into place.

It won't be long and I will post more...stay tuned!

Until then, please, join me in thanking Jonathan and Mark for their dedication and enjoy their last few podcasts with me!
    good to have a Celtic American on board! I heard them mention a Duffy and it grabbed my attention, my wife's maiden name is Duffee.

Quote Originally Posted by heyduff View Post
    Albion Knight, aka Todd, is out hammock camping as we speak, he can chime in when he's back within cell signal range.
    Hello! Todd here
    Been casually hammocking off and on for many years but just recently getting into it more deliberately.

• + New Posts