Simply Light Designs - Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps

VIDEO: You Tube meet up in the Cabinet Mountains

This trip was something that I've never done before: Go on a trip specifically to meet other you tube creators!

I wasn't able to get there when the other channels got there, and they had sent a message that the weather was ugly and they were walking out a day early. I already had backpacking on my mind and it is tough to talk me out of it once I've made up my mind to go. So I set out for the trailhead as soon as I could. It just happen to be midnight.

I got to the trailhead at about 1am and setup my hammock there. First thing the next morning I was packed up and on the trail. I was hoping to catch these guys on the other side of the pass, but it was a long tough climb that did a number on me a couple years earlier when I did the trail for the first time.

I ended up catching them right at the top of the pass. By the time I got there the skies had cleared up and it was beautiful.

It was great to get a chance, even if it was short, to talk to these guys. For me, it's been a rare thing to get to talk to another you tube creator, and I didn't want to waste it.

We parted ways with them heading down to the trailhead and me dropping in to the Lake.

As I was sitting down by the lake, the storm started to build. That night the storm hit. Thunder was all around me. It hailed. It blew. It rained. It was by far the most intense storm I've ever camped out in.

The next morning the rain held off long enough for me to pack up and get up and over the pass. It caught up with me on the way down. By the time I had reached the trailhead, the sun had come out again. It was a great way to end it!

Thanks for watching!

I'm going to have to quit watching your trip reports. The beauty of the areas you get to wander blows my mind and hurts my heart that if I even get a chance to backpack out there it will only be a couple times in my life...You do make enjoyable videos to watch and I thank you. Happy trails

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Member mountain wanderer's Avatar
    Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBOZax View Post
    I'm going to have to quit watching your trip reports. The beauty of the areas you get to wander blows my mind and hurts my heart that if I even get a chance to backpack out there it will only be a couple times in my life...You do make enjoyable videos to watch and I thank you. Happy trails
    Thank you! I love living in the mountains for sure. I've been to quite a few incredible places, but I've only scratched the surface of what is there!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' Hexon1.6 burntcoyote
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    I loved the quick snippet of the deer tracks, you lingered on it just long enough, and barely acknowledged it. That was a perfect execution of detail to illustrate how one might see that track while hiking on the actual trail. The mountain views were nice too. Haha.
    If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.
    - Yogi Berra

Senior Member mountain wanderer's Avatar
    Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ / HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by tstark View Post
    I loved the quick snippet of the deer tracks, you lingered on it just long enough, and barely acknowledged it. That was a perfect execution of detail to illustrate how one might see that track while hiking on the actual trail. The mountain views were nice too. Haha.
    Thank you! I've been working to try to show more of things I see out there than just the sweeping views... which are nice in their own right. haha

• + New Posts