HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question YT channel logo design for gear...

Now that I've got a real camera and I don't have to film everything from my Kindle Fire HD, I've begun to edit my videos ( albeit poorly at first lol) in an attempt to produce higher quality content for my YouTube channel. That said, I need a good logo , something that possibly ties together my geographic location ( ie northeastern Maryland or the Chesapeake bay ) , hammocks or the overall theme of my videos. My videos definitely aren't high quality yet and I'm still learning, but I want something that will help give it a more polished and professional look ya know? So, let me know if you can help me out and would either trade your services for some type of gear or would just do it for free. It doesn't need to be something that will take a lot of time for you to do, just a neat logo I can use that sums up what a potential viewer will see. Credit will be given to you for the design of course. And if for some crazy reason my channel one day explodes to have millions of subscribers as a result of your logo design ( which won't happen lol) I will definitely make sure you are compensated lol. SO, anyone want to give it a shot?
    Last edited by dkurfiss; 09-08-2019 at 10:52.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Your post is in WTT. No PM's allowed so I edited the post.

from the rules:
    4. All discussion about trades are to be had in the individual For Trade thread. No PM discussion about trade offers please. By keeping the trade offers in the open forum, there can be no dispute.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

I might be interested in helping,
    -Luke

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lighteffect95 View Post
    I might be interested in helping,
    -Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by lighteffect95
    hey there,

What sorta gear do you have for barter on a logo?

-Luke
    Hey Luke, thanks for the reply. Well, I guess it all depends on how much your time is worth really. I wanna make sure that if you do come up with something that I compensate you fairly. That said, I've got some gear that I rarely use that's in great shape :

1) CDT TQ ~ silver, sewn/ insulated footbox, overstuffed with 2-3 oz of goose down ( unknown fp since it was out of a vest), neck draft collar, seam ripped w/ vertical baffles, roughly 60" long. I've used it in the upper 30's w/ proper clothing and been warm. It's about as full of down as you could make it before it negatively affects loft height. Draft collar also very full. I stopped using it when I got my HG 40° Econ Burrow.

2.) Snugpak Cocoon ~ dark green, only used outside 3 times, rated @ 25-32°, fits all 11' hammocks. I'm 5'7 and can still get a decent diagonal lay when zipped inside. Works well on its own and has enough room to stack a traditional synthetic UQ and/or TQ (down or synthetic) inside. Excellent water & wind resistance, antimicrobial/antibacterial treated fabric. Kinda heavy but does compress ok in included comp. sack. Made from Snugpak's proprietary Travelsoft insulation, Microdiamond shell and Paratex lining.

3) DIY Snugpak Jungle Blanket TQ ~ black, shock cord + velcro + snap footbox, 50-55°(ish) rating, made from same shell/lining/ insulation as Cocoon = same dwr + wind resist. + anti-funk properties = perfect for summer, compresses to 6"×6" comp. sack included , jungle blanket specs are 76×64 @ 25grams.

4) handmade Roycroft pack frame ~ made from lightweight yet strong Sweetgum, choice of finish , sized to your measurements, assembled with notched joints & #36 tarred/braided bankline, includes bankline or paracord prussiks w/ or w/o handmade toggles for attaching load and shoulder/waist strap.

5) Gerber Bear Grylls paracord knife ~ Kydex Molle compadible sheath, green pcord wrapped handle, full tang, sharp.

6.) Stanley prep cookset ~ includes pot w/ vented lid, 2 bowls , lids for bowls also used as cutting boards, ladle , spattula. Everything nests inside pot. Pot used once but still in brand new condition, accessories never used.

7) Reflectix food/cup koozies ~ made to fit whatever size Mtn. House type meal you use, Velcro top flap, 3-D bottom let's it stand up on its own and expand to fit different sizes meals. Cup/mug Koozie sized for your style cup or mug, also includes lid cover. Both styles are assembled with metal tape for durability.

8) Synthetic TQ liner ~ choice of color, made from Ozark Trail
    (Wal-Mart) sleeping bag liner.

9) HG Econ pillow ~ black, never used

10) OneTigris synthetic 10°F UQ ~ green exterior, I used it @ 17°F and was plenty warm, so 10° rating is probably correct. Only used a handful of times and mostly by my youngest daughter when she hangs with me.

11) 50° (?) synthetic UQ ~ generic Chinese brand, same style/shape as OneTigris listed above. Includes compression sack. Only used twice by my youngest daughter.

I can post pics or vids if you wanna check any of it out before you decide. So like I said, it all depends on what your time is worth. Whatever single piece or combination of what I listed above would be fine with me I'm sure. I'll also go through my gear again today and see what else I can come up with. Let me know what you think and we can go from there. Thanks again for the reply, looking forward to seeing what you come up with! ~ Chesapeake
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hey Chesapeake,

Good to hear from you, sorry about responding a little late. So what exactly did you have in mind for a logo? I can show you a bunch of examples of work Ive done in the past and whatnot, although at the moment I dont have a website. I also work full time as a motion graphics guy, so I could hypothetically animate your logo for the channel/beginning of the video, depending on the need.

I’d be interested in your CDT tq, but im not sure if im gonna be comfortable with it at my height, being 6’1”. The DIY Jungle blanket sounds nice, even for like daily use when I'm sleeping on the bus on my way to work, as an alternative to that top quilt. Another thing that interests me is getting a refletix koozie for my meal kit, I usually will eat packit gourmet or just some ramen straight out of my bowl. I could get the dimensions on the bowl, if needed. I think it was an amazon purchase when i first got into backpacking. the HG Econ pillow would also sound interesting if youd be willing to part as well.

best,
    -Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Still working out details on this trade or are you finished with your thread?
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    All good, the thread can be closed. Thanks.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    closed per OP
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

• + New Posts