Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 20F
    Suspension
    UCR + SPIDER/POLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Добро пожаловать брат!
    Spasibo , tovarishch !

I do not have good geography knowledge , where is PNW ? What weather do you have now?

Welcome to the forum.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Welcome. That PNW would be the USA Pacific Northwest - the states of Washington and Oregon.
    Your English is very good (much better than my Russian What area of Russia are you from and what are the trails like?

Addition: I see you added Moscow to your profile.
    Last edited by oldpappy; 09-08-2019 at 09:44.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    SeaToSummit Double
    Suspension
    SeaToSummit
    Images
    Welcome from Norway

Hammock
    Amok 3.0, Hennessy
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock w/hammock
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Strap/Togg/Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by shichimi View Post
    To tell the truth , there are no really Russian hammock manufacturers. Mostly you can find in retail shops cheap chinese hammocks or hammock from ENO and Grand Trunk wihc are more pricey. A very small minority of peoples DIY hammocks for themselves, and some peoples like me just buy from foreign companies if they know how to do it and have basic knowledge of English language.
    Hammocking in Russia is not very popular because people think hammocks are only for lounging and sleeping in a hammock will make sore back. Even when I meet on trail some people who use a hammock they did not even know about Underquilts, ridgelines, hammock socks and etc, even some of them has very small hanging angle.
    I try to explain to everyone how to use a hammock and tell about different types of equipment for hammocks. Hope someday community will grow
    Sounds like a business opportunity!

Already have Dutch chameleon and Amok Draumr XL. Love em both. Right now saving some cash to buy a top quilt for amok (because Amok already has some insulation at the bottom ). And later will buy underquilt for chameleon. Planing to use 20F TQ and UQ at warm wintertime in Russia :^)
    Hi shichimi-as for a Top quilt , could you not use a down duvet from ikea ? Have you ikea there? Is it not cheaper to do this ?

I’d be really interested in hearing how you keep warm in those Russian winters when out hammocking. Thank you

Hammock
    Dutch chameleon + Amok draumr XL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 20F
    Suspension
    UCR + SPIDER/POLY
    Spasibo , tovarishch !

I do not have good geography knowledge , where is PNW ? What weather do you have now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanging in sweden View Post
    Hi shichimi-as for a Top quilt , could you not use a down duvet from ikea ? Have you ikea there? Is it not cheaper to do this ?
    Hi my friend! Yes, we have IKEA.Most warm duvet in ikea costing more than 150 usd (KÄLLKRASSE) and it is very heavy,have weak outer shell (satin or cotton) and do not contain pure down (it has more duck feathers than down).So I do not think it is good idea to buy it .Better save some cash and buy hammock topquilt from cottage company, hammock gear for example.

Hammock
    Dutch chameleon + Amok draumr XL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 20F
    Suspension
    UCR + SPIDER/POLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanging in sweden View Post
    I’d be really interested in hearing how you keep warm in those Russian winters when out hammocking. Thank you
    There is no so much secret to keep you warm at winter in Russia. Weather there is no so special as is rest of the world .
    I was born in Kolyma, so there cold long winter and summer is not so warm as well.Temp is somewhere between minus 30 and minus 45 .But if you go near sea coast (Ohotskoe sea and pacific ocean) temp will rise to minus 25 .Yes it look like warmer but because of sea breeze and hight humidity it a lot colder to me than - 45 celcius at north.
    So to keep you warm use hot drinks and hot food. Wool clothing and down jackets working good as well.As for UQ and TQ use what suits better for temperature outside ,there are plenty to chhose from vendors and you can combine two UQ or TQ to increase warm at colder temps.
    Last edited by shichimi; 09-30-2019 at 10:47.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast