Dutch chameleon + Amok draumr XL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 20F
    Suspension
    UCR + SPIDER/POLY
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    Welcome. That PNW would be the USA Pacific Northwest - the states of Washington and Oregon.
    Your English is very good (much better than my Russian What area of Russia are you from and what are the trails like?

Addition: I see you added Moscow to your profile.
    Right now I am living in Moscow oblast.I have traveled here 15 years ago. Before it I lived in Kolyma for 21 years,I was born there .Mostly trails in Kolyma is small mountains and hills,cold and sunny at winter, cold and foggy at summer.You have better chance to see some wild animals and not peoples.Beautyful and god forbidden place.Sometime I miss Kolyma.

Quote Originally Posted by shichimi View Post
    There is no so much secret to keep you warm at winter in Russia. Weather there is no so special as is rest of the world .
    I was born in Kolyma, so there cold long winter and summer is not so warm as well.Temp is somewhere between minus 30 and minus 45 .But if you go near sea coast (Ohotskoe sea and pacific ocean) temp will rise to minus 25 .Yes it look like warmer but because of sea breeze and hight humidity it a lot colder to me than - 45 celcius at north.
    So to keep you warm use hot drinks and hot food. Wool clothing and down jackets working good as well.As for UQ and TQ use what suits better for temperature outside ,there are plenty to chhose from vendors and you can combine two UQ or TQ to increase warm at colder temps.
    Thanks man. Good luck with all you do. Thanks also for your input on the down duvets

Hammock
    GE ; RR ; Vertex ; Tentsile
    Tarp
    HG Cubens W/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti, Wookis, Lynx
    Suspension
    dyneema strap/ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shichimi View Post
    Right now I am living in Moscow oblast.I have traveled here 15 years ago. Before it I lived in Kolyma for 21 years,I was born there .Mostly trails in Kolyma is small mountains and hills,cold and sunny at winter, cold and foggy at summer.You have better chance to see some wild animals and not peoples.Beautyful and god forbidden place.Sometime I miss Kolyma.
    Hi Shichimi, it is very interesting to hear from a such a remote place as Kolyma.
    I will be in Moscow in a few weeks. Planning to get there by Dec 15. Would you like to meet ? Where do you hang usually ? Did you plan something for the winter holidays ?
    Я изучаю русский язык, но я думаю твой английский больше хорошево.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123