Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    I read this thread last night before falling asleep. I dreamt of a catch-all tube from Jared, who’s already made me 2 excellent tarps and modded a topquilt. Wake up this morning and walk downstairs, and Jared is in my kitchen holding a mug of coffee for me! He came in the night all the way to Idaho’s Portugal here in Portland. He brewed the coffee (Ethiopian home roast) using the new catch-all as a filter cone, because I like it strong and Jared knows. Then i woke up for real.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Are you guys talking about the Simply Light Designs guy? If so, I have to agree. Just by chance I ran across his website and ordered a custom pillow (a Sunday) and it was ready to ship out bright and early Monday morning.. until he remembered the post office was closed for Labor Day. Arrived a couple days ago and "really" great craftsmanship at an incredibly affordable price (free shipping as well). Quite a comfy little bit of fluff to boot. ;-) I certainly wouldn't hesitate doing business with him again.

If it's some other Jared... Oops... my bad.

Edited: DUHhhh. I navigated in from the "new posts" listing. If I had looked... I would have noticed it's under the "Simply Light Designs" topic and answered my own question.
    Last edited by Yarome; 09-10-2019 at 10:11.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket
    I got the text from the post office saying my order from SLD had been delivered, so I went out to the mailbox and I kid you not Jared jumped out when I opened it and personally handed me my items. He then walked me through setting everything up and even gave me some helpful advice on how to better rig my tarp.

My hammock was set up so I decided to lie down for a bit (I was tired from my yard chores this morning) and to my surprise Jared summoned an ice cold Yuengling out of thin air before uttering "Toodles!" and vanishing in a puff of smoke.

Imagine my shock when I went to the driveway later to discover he had detailed all our cars too!

Amazing!

Dang! Jared's like the Shoemakers Elf of the Hammocking world. He had some great sale prices so I picked up 5 or so items. 1 had a custom option. Ordered around 8pm and by 4:20am the next morning my order was packed and ready to ship!

That's dedication to his customers!!

Ordered a apex pillow Friday, arrived today in MN, i realize they are probably in stock, but thats amazing turn around. Also, no shipping charges, ive purchased a few things now from SLD and have been impressed each time. If they made a bridge hammock i would probably sell my current bridge and buy one from him.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by campnfish View Post
    Ordered a apex pillow Friday, arrived today in MN, i realize they are probably in stock, but thats amazing turn around. Also, no shipping charges, ive purchased a few things now from SLD and have been impressed each time. If they made a bridge hammock i would probably sell my current bridge and buy one from him.
    I need to pick up another one of those. At home I use a $2 travel pillow because they sell zippered pillow cases for them. But even that is slightly too large for a hammock. Jared's is just right. I'll just try to make my own pillow case.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Dang, Jared has an army of hardcore fanboys/girls. I thought I was a fanboy of Dream Hammock, but definitely not as intense of a fan as Jared's customers. I may have to see what all the hub bub is about one of these days.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    HG dyneema
    Insulation
    Diamondback,wookie
    Suspension
    Spider/Beetle
    Images
    I ordered a new Trail Winder custom on Friday afternoon and received it on Monday morning. WOW. Kinda gives me visions of a workaholic guy jacked up on coffee just waiting and hoping for the next order to come in. And of course the underquilt looks great. Thanks Jared. My second Trail Winder. I'm a big fan.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Everything in this thread really is true. I've been incredibly happy with everything that I have from him and it comes in record time. We really do have a lot of great quality cottage vendors in the hammock community.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123