ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    MacCat - OD Green
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Oes

Has anyone been in touch with OES lately? I have emailed several times about ordering a MacCat but have gotten no response. Need a tarp in 2 wks, afraid to order when I can't get a response.
    Life is Tough~Life is Tougher if You're Stupid-John Wayne

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    i as well have emailed him twice now about a tarp with no response i know he is busy with school, i am guessing
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    MacCat - OD Green
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaknut01 View Post
    i as well have emailed him twice now about a tarp with no response i know he is busy with school, i am guessing
    Did you place an order anyway?

Hammock
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    no, i was wondering about a custom tarp, and the pricing he would charge for it.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    my experience with the OES tarp has been exceptional. it it a fantastic piece of equipment.

my experience dealing with brian (getting ahold of him, mailing my money, a 2 week period of no communication, finally getting tarp like 3.5 weeks later) was less than adequate. not that he wasn't a nice guy - he is. some people make excuses for his lack of professionalism saying he's busy in college, and that's fine. i've been there.

i'd look elsewhere if you're on a time crunch. my opinion

having said that he'll probably get on here tonight and have your tarp shipped in the AM

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    MacCat - OD Green
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    my experience with the OES tarp has been exceptional. it it a fantastic piece of equipment.

my experience dealing with brian (getting ahold of him, mailing my money, a 2 week period of no communication, finally getting tarp like 3.5 weeks later) was less than adequate. not that he wasn't a nice guy - he is. some people make excuses for his lack of professionalism saying he's busy in college, and that's fine. i've been there.

i'd look elsewhere if you're on a time crunch. my opinion

having said that he'll probably get on here tonight and have your tarp shipped in the AM
    Hate to settle for something I really don't want but times running short so might have to.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    I waited a long long time for my Stormcrow Burrow and Winter Ptarmigan but I honestly have to say It was worth every second of every day and as soon as I save up some money im ordering a summer UQ and TQ from Stormcrow. The reason I mention this is BC these cottage industries are working their garage, basement and do it bc they love to do it. Usually it is a one two person oeration. I dont have an OES tarp but have heard great things about it. If your on a time crunch then you may want to go else where. But from my experience if you see a piece of gear you like and believe it will be the best fit for you then it is worth the wait. Good luck with your tarp search. I want to see pictures
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    i have a deluxe in spinn already and love it, i will not get a tarp anywhere else but from oes, worth every minute of the wait!! however waiting for gear does suck but these guys work thier butts off, i'm still waiting for my incubator from stormcrow and thats been almost a month, i know when i get this, it will be top notch!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    i have a deluxe in spinn already and love it, i will not get a tarp anywhere else but from oes, worth every minute of the wait!! however waiting for gear does suck but these guys work thier butts off, i'm still waiting for my incubator from stormcrow and thats been almost a month, i know when i get this, it will be top notch!!!
    I feel ya on the wait on one of Stormcrows quilts but you are right it will most def be worth the wait. He makes excellent gear and is a really nice and great guy. I say if OES is the one you want then wait it out. It will be worth it in the end. You could also buy two tarps one from OES and another now and try an get it rushed ordered.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    i'm still waiting for my incubator from stormcrow and thats been almost a month, i know when i get this, it will be top notch!!!
    Hey now, it has only been 12 days for you mister... I know it may SEEM like a month. You are moving up the list fast though. Trust me there are some other members whom have endured wait times that could make this thread scary for me but, um, let's talk about something else...

I am as surprised as anyone that I DO still love this . If someone had told me a year ago that I would be trying to earn a living sewing in a friends basement 12-16 hours a day I would have said they were insane. I do miss a few things these days like..sunlight and my family but we are working to remedy that situation.

Wow, talk about getting off topic. I have never even one thing bad about Brian's tarps either. Sounds like he is just pulled thin these days...That should be a cottage maker motto or something...
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast