Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlespaul View Post
    I'v been looking into a tarp from Brian...and i think the one thing that has turned me off was hearing that he doesn't get back to ppl,i'm sure he is busy , school will do that to ya...but...and this is just me and how i would handle it..at least msg the person back so they are not waiting around for a msg,that is just me.....i might get one if they come up in the for sale thread...or maybe in the summer when brian has the time

not trying to take anything awayfrom OES...i really do like his tarps...
    and i hope one day to get one...
    but right now seems like he had alot more to deal with ...so i rather wait
    just my .02
    I really do think this is at the centre of people's frustrations . Not the wait, but the lack of communication plus the wait. Most of the time a simple msg is all thats needed and it only takes minutes, is good business practice, and shows the customer that their valued. Going to college and not communicating have nothing to do with each other.
    I had bryan make me a black Maccat deluxe and its a great piece of gear and excellent workmanship AND it took me two months to get it and a major foul up.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WeTommyD View Post
    Out of curriosity, how many man hours does it take you to create one quilt?
    Good question TommyD. Pm sent so we can keep this thread on topic.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    MacCat - OD Green
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I did hear from Brian this morning and I'm still waiting to hear back on a shipping date before I order. I know how hectic college life is, been there done that, and I hope no one thinks I was trying to bash him. He has some great looking tarps. It's just that speer and backwoods daydreamer are out of production at the moment and tarp makers are kinda scarce.
    Life is Tough~Life is Tougher if You're Stupid-John Wayne

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 Leftie + Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Artic KaroStep
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images
    I've been on his list since Dec 4th but I still have hope.
    I have kids in school

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Good question TommyD. Pm sent so we can keep this thread on topic.
    I'm curious too - the quilt that i got from you would have easily taken me 3 or 4 years to make

I have to say that I think what Brian is doing is very admirable, I myself have two jobs, sometimes three, and I went to college while doing all this, now I have a family and two kids and still have the jobs and I can barely make time to remember what day it is. So for Brian to be going to college and running a business that makes one of the most sot after tarps that everyone who owns one can't stop raving about it with not one negative comment about his product is a great thing, think about it, with out people like him we wouldn't have such great products. Come one how many can say that they can do what he is doing, some times its harder to understand the other side, yea I know that I have been a pain when it comes to Stormcrow and the UQ order that I placed I think it took about a week for him to get back to me this last time, but its "OK" cause he did get back to me, you just gotta give it time (which is easier to say than to do sometimes). Brian has his priorities in the right place, school first then business, especially since school helps his business, I congratulate you and wish there were more like you (cause lord knows I can't sew a lick)

CB
    Last edited by Cranky Bear; 03-17-2010 at 19:48.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL Ult
    Suspension
    Custom Web/ring
    Hmmm, I ordered my Spinnul Ultra a week ago. Had no problems. Got an email from Brian within a couple hours. Got notice that it was on its way today. I just went to his site and it says that he is working through spring break with little to no back orders. I can't wait since I just received my new Clark.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Six months for a first post...welcome out of Lurkerdom, sickboy! Hope you'll continue to participate.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    Bryan sent my tarp today, he said there is a 3-5 day wait for a spinn ul deluxe and then shipping (to Australia) should be about a week. Unsure how that applies to custom jobs.

He's also mentioned some issues with his spam filter and email- try dropping him a PM here also.
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234