Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

what would be the least stretchy and lightest fabric out there to make a hammock?

Most lighter weight hammocks have way too much give in them for my back. Im hoping to find a happy balance. Thanks

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft Netless
    Tarp
    HG SilPoly w/ door
    Insulation
    Depends
    Suspension
    Whoopies/straps
    CF is both low weight and low stretch but it has some drawbacks. Not many gear manufacturers use it and it’s loud, among other issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CF will not breath and may be an issue with condensation. I've read that some folks are liking the 1.1 Monolite and the 1.3 MTn.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    How light and how much stretch? Which fabrics have you tried? What is the lightest fabric that still works for you?

Generally, the hybrid series has very little stretch for its weight. The Monolite was already mentioned - it has less stretch than you would expect from such a light fabric, but that's still a lot. I haven't tried the current polyester hammock fabrics RbtR offers, but I did use their 1.6oz ripstop polyester and found it to have way too little stretch for me, which happens rarely. Dutch's 1.4oz PolyD also had very little give, so my guess would be, that most polyester fabrics are inelastic. The hammock fabrics used for printing are all polyester, so you might give those a try.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I have a "Equip Travel Hammock" as my backyard hammock which is perfect as far as no stretch is concerned but I know its a fairly heavy fabric whatever it is... I remember Henesseys Ive owned didnt have much stretch which was great for my back also. I have no idea what kind of fabrics these all are, Maybe I need to settle for the less of the two evils...comfort and weight? Thanks for the info.. I will look into Dutchs' Poly D

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Just found this post... "I liked it but there were characteristics that I felt needed improved on. It was slick and I don't love that about many of the hammock fabrics. You will find that ARGON 1.6 and Hexon fabrics are especially not slick because of my affinity to the cotton like feel of a non slick hammock. Although it had less stretch than nylon, it is weaker. So when you pushed the weight limit of the hammock, it didn't become more uncomfortable because of shoulder squeeze but it did become more uncomfortable from the sudden drop when it would just give out. So it was not a good ultralight option and everyone tries to push those weight limits. When it did fail, it was not a slow release. There was no actual ripstop on the hammock as I thought there was. The diamond pattern of PolyD and NylonD look deceivingly like ripstop, but when you look at it under a microscope you will find it is just a weave and that weave actually weakened the fabric. This was a big deal to me because I felt like I was deceiving the customer. But the number one reason for not liking polyester hammocks is the static. The hammock was light but the grounding wire you had to carry weighed a ton. I like to camp in the winter and when you got that thing is dry air the lightning bolts from the static discharge would wake you from the flashing. If you had hair it would stand straight out like the professor on Back to the Future. And all that static would attract dirt to the hammock. It actually held itself open with out tie outs and with no body in the hammock. Beside those things, I thought it was a complete success."
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    I second the 1.3 MNT

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

I have 1.7 Mountain XL for this exact reason. 2.2 Hex70 XL is comfy too, but it's pretty bulky.

• + New Posts