Netless. DIY or Dutchware
    Tarp
    HG The Journey 11'
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Question Looking for a DCF tarp for 2 hammocks

I use 32" spreader bar (from Dutch) to hang two 11' hammocks 20190728-DSC_1511.jpg.

The best tarp I have to cover 2 hammocks is 10x10' square tarp. It's not perfect but it covers 2 hammocks in asym diagonal pitch (https://theultimatehang.com/2015/08/...a-square-tarp/).

I'm considering buying a DCF tarp. Will something like HG Palace (with 'Is this tarp for a bridge hammock? = Yes option selected) work well with 2 hammocks under the tarp? Should I get 11' or 12' tarp? I think I would choose 11 for one hammock, but I'm not sure it will work well with 2 hammocks. Any other suggestions? Does anyone have photos / videos of double hammocks under a DCF tarp? Maybe I just need bigger rectangular tarp? Any DIY ideas?
    Last edited by AVatorL; 09-01-2019 at 15:26.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    HG premium down
    Images
    20190825_063656.jpg
    20190826_125649.jpg
    20190824_161401.jpg

Hammock Gear 11 ft. DCF winter Palace tarp. Yes for bridge hammock. Works well with my 2 Dutch Chameleons with spreader bar. Just be cautious.. If pitched tight, and 1 person in hammock while other is not, the end of spreader bar will push against the tarp hard. Leave a little slack on the corner tie outs in that end.
    It has rained hard and kept both hammocks dry. It also truly is a palace for a single hammock in wicked winter storms!!!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    HG premium down
    Images
    Actually, now that I think about it.. The reason the spreader bars rubbed the sides was because it started to pour at 2 am. My kids were already sleeping in the hammocks, and I deployed the tarp out of the snake skin and pitched it right down. Then, when 1 of them woke and got out of hammock, as you know..the hammocks will angle a bit offset.. so that is why it rubbed the inner side of the tarp so much. Anyway, if you understand what I am blabbering.. I'm just thinking out loud here and throwing you best info I have from personal experience. The tarp is Perfect and it will work for you with no problems at all.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF
    Insulation
    HG premium down
    Images
    Also, if you wondering about that black/yellow bin there..
    We always go lightweight backpacking/camping trips all year.. Once a year we do a car camping trip with family and friends (whom like the amenities of camp grounds).. Those pictures are from that trip, lol. It is Mongaup Pond campground in Catskills NY.

Hammock
    Netless. DIY or Dutchware
    Tarp
    HG The Journey 11'
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thank you Dirtbaghiker for the answer and photos. Yes, I understand you. I had this problem with my silnylon tarp - damaged a little bit an edge of the tarp by the spreader bar.

I found a solution somewhere (maybe even here on the forums but I think it was on Youtube). Right now I have 8" continuous loop on the hammock end but I can add one more continuous loop (or dog bone) to make sure that the spreader bar is not under the tarp. I didn't try it yet, but I think it should work (just will need to use something as water break on the suspension line under the tarp). The hammocks will be hanging a little bit closer but it shouldn't be a problem (at least with 32" spreader bar and 5 years old girl in the second hammock). Another solution, which I think could prevent tarp damage is using shock cord tarp tensioners on the tarp (on the spreader bar side).
    Last edited by AVatorL; 09-04-2019 at 18:17.

• + New Posts