Pillow MOD suggestion.

I've been looking to get a hammock pillow with a tether. So far the only one I found is offered by hammock gear. They have a shock cord attached to the middle of the pillow. I have not tried it, but I could anticipate getting irritated that a length of cord is running up the back of my skull. (I would be mostly using the pillow for neck support.)

This is why I think Warbonnet should make their own version of a tethered hammock pillow. Only instead of having a single attachment point in the middle, have a single shock cord run to two of the pillow's corners. That way the attachments would be to the side of the head. In the "artistic" rendition of my idea, I have miniature carabiners clipping to two sewn-in loops at the corners, and cord locks for fine tuning the height of the pillow. Carabiners probably aren't the best idea I'll admit, but I'm just throwing stuff out there, perhaps this could be an option offered in the future?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    Well then, looks like there is a high demand for this product, haha. Here I was thinking I was being original.

If at first you don't succeed, don't go skydiving.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BestUsernameInTheWorld View Post
    I've been looking to get a hammock pillow with a tether. So far the only one I found is offered by hammock gear. They have a shock cord attached to the middle of the pillow. I have not tried it, but I could anticipate getting irritated that a length of cord is running up the back of my skull. (I would be mostly using the pillow for neck support.)

This is why I think Warbonnet should make their own version of a tethered hammock pillow. Only instead of having a single attachment point in the middle, have a single shock cord run to two of the pillow's corners. That way the attachments would be to the side of the head. In the "artistic" rendition of my idea, I have miniature carabiners clipping to two sewn-in loops at the corners, and cord locks for fine tuning the height of the pillow. Carabiners probably aren't the best idea I'll admit, but I'm just throwing stuff out there, perhaps this could be an option offered in the future?

Get one from Simply Light Designs exactly as you have drawn it or pretty close to it. I have one & love it... very comfy.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    I use the HG pillow. The tether means never having to chase my pillow down into the depths of my hammock/UQ. One loop with shock cord up to the gathered end is enough. I guess if I had two loops, the pillow would be less likely to fall out of the hammock when my bugnet is unzipped, but only slightly. And when my pillow tumbles out of the hammock, it doesn't touch the ground unless my seat height is less than a few inches. I don't worry too much about my setup's weight and bulk, but enough not to add things that are redundant. HYOH.

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    choking hazard. use a quick-release buckle as found on ID lanyards.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by tangara View Post
    choking hazard. use a quick-release buckle as found on ID lanyards.
    Hm... never considered that. I think I'd have to try pretty hard to get my head and neck up beyond my pillow in the head end of my hammock. And then twist in a way that it would wrap my neck. And reeeeeally stretch that shock cord so that it would make it all the way around...

Yeah, I'm convinced that's not a problem for me.

• + New Posts