DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    If you get the Wanderlust package with the insulation, it is a very good deal. The difference between the insulation package vs. w/o insulation is $270. To purchase both quilts independently, you'd spend $360. A $90 discount is nothing to sneeze at.

That said, if you order the Wanderlust package w/o insulation, you'll actually spend $.01 more than if you purchased the hammock and tarp separately. I think it would be nice if HG still gave a bit of a discount for purchasing the hammock + tarp as a package. Maybe sell it for $210 or $215.
    This isn't correct.

The Wanderlust kit comes with all ultralight suspension, stuff sacks, stakes, tieouts, hardware etc... If you purchased ALL of those items, along with the tarp and hammock then you would spend 35% more than if you purchase the kit.

Hammock
    Circadian Pro
    Tarp
    Journey
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Maurer View Post
    Isn't optional insulation for a hammock pretty much like optional wheels for a car?
    We made the insulation optional because some of our customers are going to want to customize their insulation!
    For those who want something other than 20 degree standard length/width quilts, they have the option of purchasing the Hammock and Tarp portion of the kit at the discounted rate, and customize their insulation at retail price!
    Hope this helps, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!
    Sally Brown
    Representative of HG
    www.hammockgear.com

"Between every two pine trees is a door leading to a new way of life"
    -John Muir

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabmanhang View Post
    This isn't correct.

The Wanderlust kit comes with all ultralight suspension, stuff sacks, stakes, tieouts, hardware etc... If you purchased ALL of those items, along with the tarp and hammock then you would spend 35% more than if you purchase the kit.
    I didn't realize that the kit came with suspension cordage, hammock suspension, & hardware. That said, the hammock + tarp package is a good deal.

Hammock
    Circadian Pro
    Tarp
    Journey
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Daisy
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-oh View Post
    My only complaint would be how they advertise product vs. the price. The product is advertised as a complete system, including insulation, then the website product page has the price bold and up top that does not include the insulation. When you click give me the standard option to match the advertisement, Boom the price more than doubles. Also, the as presented hammock and tarp is more expensive buying it this way than it is buying them separately.

Seems a little bait and switch for me and would drive miss trust of this vendor.

Easy fix have the default to the standard insulation option and let the buyer opt out.

Overall a good product offering by HG.
    Hey There Jeff-oh,
    I'd just like to point out a few things to help clarify. The kit can be bought with or without insulation, this is stated in the video, website and newsletter. Both options offer a savings of 25% off retail price. Don't forget, even without adding insulation you are still getting a lot more than just a hammock and tarp (stakes, stake bag, lineloc3 tieouts, pre-strung color coordinated glowire, titanium ridgeline clips, ultralight daisy chain, full suspension, stuff sack, and a free mesh sleeve)

When you are looking at any product on our website, it always defaults to showing the "basic" or lowest priced option. It is up to the customer to select customization options in terms of "add ons" to the base product. Both of these price differences are listed in the newsletter, website product description, all social media posts, as well as the YouTube video description. We are in no way attempting a bait and switch. There is a lot of value to communicate about this kit, and we have tried to be as clear as possible. If you have any other questions, we are here to help. Don't hesitate to ask
    Last edited by OutandBack; 09-12-2019 at 18:15.
    Sally Brown
    Representative of HG
    www.hammockgear.com

-John Muir

Hammock
    Circadian Pro
    Tarp
    Journey
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie & Daisy
    Precisely! Not everyone is going to prefer the color, degree rating, or size of the quilts we've included in this bundle. We want people to have the option of purchasing the rest of the kit (hammock + tarp + accessories) at a steep discount, even if they preferred to go the route of purchasing custom insulation! It's meant to create flexible purchasing options. We want everyone to have the advantage of customizing their set-up if that is their preference!
    Sally Brown
    Representative of HG
    www.hammockgear.com

-John Muir

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Just going straight to the LINK for the package I don't see it as confusing, but a total noob is going to need to be told that for a complete setup you need Hammock, Suspension, Tarp and guy lines, TQ and UQ. I would add a caveat about the air mat being an option, but that most experienced users will opt for an UQ.

Either way, it is a good deal!
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    a total noob is going to need to be told that for a complete setup you need Hammock, Suspension, Tarp and guy lines, TQ and UQ.
    it comes with suspension and guylines though
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    It looks like the setup process is real intuitive.
    I would have loved that when my wife and 2 daughters were just starting. As it was it took me more time to explain about prussiks and MSHs than to set it up myself.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I have to chuckle at this since I get the same thing at work.

They have a clean easy-to-understand webpage, a video, "What's Included" summary and additional options listed. No bait-and-switch. Approximately 722 words of product description!!

All that "homework" to get it right and all the devil's advocates will still complain and ask 924 questions. Honestly, I get the same thing at work. I can write an email to 150 employees explaining how 2+2=4. I can simply state that, I can show it in a video, I can provide a 5-page document, and I'll still get 6 replies immediately after.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I have to chuckle at this since I get the same thing at work.

They have a clean easy-to-understand webpage, a video, "What's Included" summary and additional options listed. No bait-and-switch. Approximately 722 words of product description!!

All that "homework" to get it right and all the devil's advocates will still complain and ask 924 questions. Honestly, I get the same thing at work. I can write an email to 150 employees explaining how 2+2=4. I can simply state that, I can show it in a video, I can provide a 5-page document, and I'll still get 6 replies immediately after.
    It has always been this way to a certain degree but these days it does seem to be utterly rampant. If you have the patience to follow simple instructions and assemble an Ikea chest-of-drawers you are considered practically genius.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast