Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    HG incubators and

Looking for lightweight options

I am Interested in reducing my hammock weight. I currently have a WBBB XLC and Chameleon. What is the lightest weight 11' hammock with a bug net you have found? (Not including suspension)

Regards

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Dutchware Half-wit Hexon 1.0 is about 270g (but it's 10.5 ft)

As the name implies, it has a half bug net but I have found it quite effective if bugs aren't too plentiful and if ambient temp isn't so hot that you want to stick your legs outside the quilt.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    If you want full net, my DIY Hexon 1.0 + Fronkey-style net are a close second.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    My custom 11' Darien DH hammock weighs 30 oz on the nose, including bishop bag. it has a zipper on one side for weight savings, but i suppose it could be lighter if it were 10 ft and cut narrower than my custom 63" width. My fabric is one ply of 1.7 XL MTN from RSBTR, which is comfy and strong enough to hold a heavy individual. I used to weigh 294 and it held me well. I am now 269.5 and dropping, so I may eventually go to a lighter fabric once i get to 200 lbs! I also use UHMWPE straps and aluminum toggles for suspension when backpacking, although I prefer the beefier hybrid poly straps for car camping, as the UHMWPE straps tend to become "ropey" with use.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    otter1, is that for sale? I checked the for sale forum and don't see it but interested.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    My Darien is the lightest of my hammocks (a WBBB XLC, 3 Chameleons, a Darien, a WBRR, and a Townsend Luxury bridge) with an attached bug net at 13.8 ounces. I'm sure that there is something lighter, but at what cost in comfort. A fronkey nets comes in lighter since you are taking away the zipper weight. It comes down to what features you like to spend weight on. I love my Darien, but sometimes miss having a zipper on both sides and actually sleep better in a fabric with a little less sag. I get the best sleep in my luxury bridge, but it is 30 ounces with the bug net. In the end, I usually take a Chameleon (with 2 peak lofts and a ridgeline organizer) even when I am trying to be ultra lightweight because it is the best balance of weight and features that I want.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    HG incubators and
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    My Darien is the lightest of my hammocks (a WBBB XLC, 3 Chameleons, a Darien, a WBRR, and a Townsend Luxury bridge) with an attached bug net at 13.8 ounces. I'm sure that there is something lighter, but at what cost in comfort. A fronkey nets comes in lighter since you are taking away the zipper weight. It comes down to what features you like to spend weight on. I love my Darien, but sometimes miss having a zipper on both sides and actually sleep better in a fabric with a little less sag. I get the best sleep in my luxury bridge, but it is 30 ounces with the bug net. In the end, I usually take a Chameleon (with 2 peak lofts and a ridgeline organizer) even when I am trying to be ultra lightweight because it is the best balance of weight and features that I want.

Thanks, I didn't know a Darien was that light.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    The Darien is the lightest weight Hammock of Dream Hammocks that offers an integrated bugnet. If you want super light, get the freebird and fronkey style net, unless bugs don't bother you and go with half net (Half Wit) or completely netless once the bugs have all died.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    My 11' Darien in Mtn. 1.2 64" wide weighs only 13.5oz in the stuff sack. That's about the lightest option for an 11' integrated-net hammock.

There is a newer vendor who is pretty active on FB- TrailHeadz Hammocks, who also makes very lightweight netted hammocks. Spiguyver recently did a video on one.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    HG incubators and
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    My 11' Darien in Mtn. 1.2 64" wide weighs only 13.5oz in the stuff sack. That's about the lightest option for an 11' integrated-net hammock.

There is a newer vendor who is pretty active on FB- TrailHeadz Hammocks, who also makes very lightweight netted hammocks. Spiguyver recently did a video on one.
    Do you know what the weight limit for the 1.2 MTN is and how do you like the feel of it?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast