Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    Labor Day, Black Friday, Fourth of July...I almost always wait for a major holiday to buy.

But I'm from germany, our labour day is already in may, 1st. Thought this is an international standard... :/

Quote Originally Posted by mazotster View Post
    I think they turned that promo off for the sale items, because I tried it and it didn’t work.

Edit: I’m too slow. But Warbonnet isn’t! Ordered today and my stuff is shipped already and arrives Tuesday.
    Already arrived! Amazing. Looking forward to trying it out.

I feel like what I saved in the sale, I ended up paying back in shipping costs. $24 shipping for a hammock and a couple of panel pull kits? Yowza.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by thirtythreerpm View Post
    I feel like what I saved in the sale, I ended up paying back in shipping costs. $24 shipping for a hammock and a couple of panel pull kits? Yowza.
    Blame the Post Office (or UPS) for that. I don’t think Warbonnet, or any of the cottage vendors, are really making money off shipping. But they do have to cover their costs of materials and whatever the carrier is charging. That part of the transaction is kind of out of their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thirtythreerpm View Post
    I feel like what I saved in the sale, I ended up paying back in shipping costs.
    I thought the shipping was very reasonable. Saved a bit over 120 bones on a custom TQ and a Superfly for $14.90 shipping. Good trade!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE UQ / EE TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing / DC
    I have to say some of the shipping seems a bit out of line. I had carted a set of panel pull poles but balked at $15 in shipping costs for an item that breaks down to 19" and less than 6 ounces. Honestly that shipping price might be exactly their cost, I have no idea, but the actuality of paying close to 40% of the purchase price in shipping was a no go for me. If they charged $50 for the poles and $5 for shipping I probably would have been more likely to pull the trigger!

Warbonnet Prime! (Just kidding. Can't blame the vendors for the cost of shipping. At least not those vendors like Brandon who always do right by us.)

Quote Originally Posted by AIP1313 View Post
    I have to say some of the shipping seems a bit out of line.

I probably would have been more likely to pull the trigger!
    It's possible they are using those USPS provided flate rate shipping boxes(?) If they used a larger box to fit the 19" pole kit the weight wouldn't matter.. just the size of the box at the flat rate price. I dunno.

If you are still interested in panel pull poles, I bought pretty much the identical thing from Amazon for $20 shipped. The 2 pack 9' pole kits. Made 2 57" poles and ended up with 7.5' of extra pole extensions to boot. Main differences from the WB poles is it works out to 4 sections (2 long, 2 short), slightly wider diameter poles (.27" vs .33") and about 1.5oz heavier than WB's. On the other hand... I also made mine 3" longer than theirs.

Might be worth considering.

Anyone been brave enough to go check their sale purchase order status yet? I'm trying to hold off and be suprised but the temptation is almost too great. What's the saying? A watched pot never boils?

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    HG dyneema
    Insulation
    Diamondback,wookie
    Suspension
    Spider/Beetle
    Images
    I'm one of the lucky ones. I had two orders. The first one was an Eldorado and a Minifly. The second one was a Diamondback that needs to be made. The Eldorado and Minifly came in last week and they are for my son but I still get to share in the excitement since I'm sure I'll get to use them. But yeah I can't wait till my new TQ gets here. Tempting but I have not checked yet. When you don't know for sure then each day has a chance of being "that day". If you check then you give all that up. Don't do it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast