Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    EE / UGQ / SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thumbs up VIDEO: Grandfather Mountain State Park NC - My girlfriend's longest backpacking trip yet!

Enjoy the sights and sounds from my girlfriend and I taking a hammock backpacking adventure to Grandfather Mountain State Park in North Carolina! We were out for 3 days, each day with rain, and she was a trooper through it all. We've since upgraded her from the small Asym fly to a Trail Haven tarp by Simply Light Designs for more coverage.

My gear link: https://lighterpack.com/r/12r224

We also have a shorter highlights video if you don't want all the details:
    https://youtu.be/B_4VKkNomxE

Would love to hear what you liked or what you didn't like about the video as I continue to gain experience filming and producing.

Thanks for watching!
    Layne

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' Hexon1.6 burntcoyote
    Tarp
    DIY ASYM
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ/CDT
    Suspension
    Dyno-Poly Beetles
    That’s some beautiful scenery you have there. Thanks for all the little factoids, and I'm glad you included footage of you setting up camp. I always enjoy that part of videos. How did Devon(sp?) enjoy her longest backpacking trip? It would have been fun if you did a brief interview with her at some point. I love hearing about people’s opinions on their experience and how it compared with their expectations.

On the technical side, the picture quality was great, and the camera work was good, but the audio was all over the place. The nature was nice and loud, but sometimes it was hard to hear you speaking when you were away from the camera. Keep making us videos!

**Edited because my token expired and it auto saved a version of my post before I was happy with the final version - haha.
    If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.
    - Yogi Berra

Looked like a great trip, beautiful area! I think you put together a nice video with nice shots and staging. I think if you're going to really get into video blogging adding another camera with more lens options for depth of field, zoom, and better audio would bring your videos to another level. I think you've got a good eye and technique and overall was a really good video. Happy trails

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    EE / UGQ / SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by tstark View Post
    That’s some beautiful scenery you have there. Thanks for all the little factoids, and I'm glad you included footage of you setting up camp. I always enjoy that part of videos. How did Devon(sp?) enjoy her longest backpacking trip? It would have been fun if you did a brief interview with her at some point. I love hearing about people’s opinions on their experience and how it compared with their expectations.

On the technical side, the picture quality was great, and the camera work was good, but the audio was all over the place. The nature was nice and loud, but sometimes it was hard to hear you speaking when you were away from the camera. Keep making us videos!

**Edited because my token expired and it auto saved a version of my post before I was happy with the final version - haha.
    Thanks for sharing what you liked! Devin had a great time, since then we’ve done a 4-day trip (also in hammocks) – video to come. She was hesitant on hammocks at first but has taken to them full force. You’re right, should definitely get others to share their opinions on the trips. That would add some nice additional perspective.

All great feedback here, I appreciate it. Were you listening to the audio over headphones or speakers? Thanks for providing the specific example of the audio being soft when I was farther away from the camera while speaking, do you remember if there were times in which the audio also sounded too loud while speaking?

Thanks!

Hammock
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    EE / UGQ / SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by NOBOZax View Post
    Looked like a great trip, beautiful area! I think you put together a nice video with nice shots and staging. I think if you're going to really get into video blogging adding another camera with more lens options for depth of field, zoom, and better audio would bring your videos to another level. I think you've got a good eye and technique and overall was a really good video. Happy trails

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it! I feel fortunate that the beautiful areas outdoors do the heavy lifting, another camera would be something cool to look forward to.

Happy trails!

• + New Posts