DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!

WA - Spectacle Lake

Am considering a solo overnight trip to the Spectacle Lake area this weekend to get in my August hang. The climbs in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness seem daunting but Snoqualmie Lake didn’t beat me. What’s the fun without a little challenge?

Will head there via Pete’s Lake (a good bailout point from what I’ve read). WTA says 11 miles each way though some hikers report more like 9.

Anyone with suggestions on sites suitable for hanging? No need for a campfire, views preferably.

Any other hangers interested?

Hammock
    DreamHammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    UGQ Down
    Suspension
    Treeee straps!
    Weather was great, views were fabulous!
    Spectacle Lake.jpg

This was a 23 mile in-and-out hike with 1,600 feet elevation change from the trailhead parking. Quite a few cars were in the large trailhead parking area but the trail wasn't too populated. Many of those cars must carry overnighters to Pete's Lake as that's a rather easy part of the hike.

The last two miles climbs about 1,000 feet. The first half of that is recovering from a fire and is exposed. This got a little warm (high 60's, low 70's I'll guess).

I stopped a couple miles short of the peak to camp, then finished the climb Sunday morning, returning Sunday afternoon. Next time I'll plan two nights and look for a couple trees on the lake to hang from.
    Last edited by hang-anon; 08-26-2019 at 20:41.

Digging this up as I am planning a trip to Spectacle - Are there decent trees for hanging? We will need spots for three hammocks.

Thanks

• + New Posts