WB B-XLC
    Tarp
    WB Edge, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Varies

PNW Group Hangs

Any group hangs in the Pacific Northwest coming up? Seems like the only annual one near me in Oregon is the Yeti hang.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    I'm hearing something about a Portland area hamockers group on FB. Anyone know about this? Maybe a group hang will emerge from that...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    Hey everybody! ChacMool pointed me here to let you know that I just created a FB group for Portland area hammockers. Thought maybe you'd be interested and could help it grow. I only created it because I couldn't find anything on Meetup.com or FB for us in the Portland area to link up and organize hangs. I hope you dont think I'm trying to cut in on HF's turf. I simply thought it would be yet another way for people to connect. heres the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/portlandhammockhangers/

Hope we can all meet someday!

PS if you're interested in being a moderator lemme know. I'd love nothing more than to let others help out with the group. Thanks.
    Man of Leisure.

www.portlandhammockhangers.com
    instagram.com/portlandhammockhangers

Hammock
    10' extra wide Appalachian
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    CRO, HG, DIY CDTs
    Suspension
    descender rings
    I think a brief group hang is trying for October 18th. Probably on the Nehalem River near Tillamook.

Hammock
    HH UL
    Tarp
    MYOG DYNEMA 11
    Insulation
    OV UQ 15, HGBURO
    Suspension
    Myog/tog/whop
    PHH Fall Hang 2019 Report:

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd recap our quite eventful overnight. As many of you were aware, the night called for a bit of rain. And it did not disappoint.

Mai Lon and I met in Beaverton and car trained to the spot. It was open-ended where we would camp and luckily Jeremy got there before us and scoped out a great spot at Morrison Eddy. I had planned on a car camp experience. That is not this place. There is a great walk-in, but it is longer than the plastic bin I packed my gear in. (Note to self: Be Prepared—I was a scout for Pete's sake!)

Mai Lon and I arrived at about 2:30, but 4:00 we were almost all hung. Again, I brought a new tarp suspension which eluded me despite how confident I felt, so I was last to finish.

Then it started raining.

We hurriedly pitched two tarps (see the pics), before Jeremy and Mai Lon got their bushcraft on and built a fire. We cooked rabbit, Steaks, Brocolli while drinking some IPAs and Muscato (that's white wine) and talked late into the night.

It never stopped raining. At times it rained so hard we had to yell to talk. Tarps sagged. The site flooded—yeah hammocks. It was the most rain I had been outside in. These were big dime-sized drops, you know like a monsoon.

We went to bed before midnight and it rained harder and blew harder all night. I had a hard time going to bed because the raindrops on the silpoly tarp were so loud.

In the morning, I had to leave quickly to get home to a soccer game for my son, but we all broke down as the rain hadn't really stopped though it had slowed.

Jeremy noted the next morning how impressed he was with all our attitudes. I have to agree. No one complained or whined and a great time was had by all.

I can not wait for the PHH Cold Butt this January—especially if it doesn't rain.

• + New Posts