Jumping on the band wagon or drinking the Kool-Aid, not sure which yet. I'm a kayaker who is slowly adding camping to hos kayak adventurers. In the past 2 years I have kayak camped 3 times, once with a tent and twice with a hammock. so far I've been lucky to find trees to hang from, but I know that a few of the places I want to go there won't be, so I have been dreaming of kayak portable stands. finally pulled the trigger yesterday on the tensahedron stand after months of reading the other threads. $20 worth of 2x2's and paracord (and an hour shifting through the pile of 2x2's looking for knot free and straightest ones) later and a little geometrical magic … a stand is born! I lashed the ends with 6' of paracord. I figuring this will be temporary while I figure out if this stand will meet my needs. Later i'll replace it with more expensive, durable cordage. I set it up with the hated Dutch 11' 1.7 wide and with the better big box store 9' hammock to see how versatile the stand is. then I folded it up and checked how it fits on the kayak. primo!! it adds weight to the front, but that just means I have to place a larger percentage of my 40 lbs of drinking water behind the seat. I still need to find a good tie-down stake for the foot end. using the tuck is fine for driveway camping, and I assume ill' be able to find at least 1 tree in the wild to tie down to, but just in case its a wind swept grassy isle that I discover, i'll need something better than an old screwdriver jabbed into the ground (hint: DON'T try it! I don't know where the screwdriver was launched to, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is in orbit!!)

IMG_20190818_123003028_HDR.jpgIMG_20190818_130656405_HDR.jpgIMG_20190818_130621475_HDR.jpgIMG_20190818_133637695_HDR.jpgIMG_20190818_131506313_HDR.jpg