Fleastakes and Fleaz

The new Fleastakes seem pretty cool. Of course those stakes are not going to be suitable for all soil conditions but ought to work pretty well most of the time. Their introduction caused me to go back to the website and revisit the Fleaz page.

Two things: one an observation and the other a question.

For those times when a Fleastake might not be suitable, a Fleaz tethered to a different stake does the job. The only small downside is that the adjustment is at the end, out in potential weather. Having the adjustment at the tarp tie-outs can be a bit of a benefit.

So the question: The Fleaz can be ordered with a loop of shock cord and a 6' length of line. I'm wondering exactly how they are intended to be used(?) It seems like this is what I've been doing for a couple of years now, tensioning the tie-out and wrapping it "backwards" around the Fleaz. The tension is small enough that this reverse wrap is not hard to do. However, a "perfect" solution would be a new bit of bling that is much like a Fleaz but has the hook at the tail end and the loop/eye at the head end.

I've raised this idea before. Can't recall, but I may even have suggested the name "Gnatz."
    Last edited by TominMN; 08-14-2019 at 09:54.

• + New Posts