Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Can't understand the need for dyneema skins if you already have mesh. I've moved from "waterproof" skins to mesh because when it rains, the tarp gets wet. And then, when packing up, that wet tarp goes inside the waterproof skins. And now the inside of the skins are wet. And a pain to dry out. So I think mesh - trying them this summer - will work better.

In further reading, it sounds like you want something that will encapsulate both your tarp and your hammock and quilts. So you are combining something that could be wet (the tarp) with something you want as dry as possible. Because you are motorcycle camping, it doesn't seem like weight is a major issue. I do understand skins to wrangle gear, but why not keep dry things separate from wet things; each with its own skin.

A few years back I found something that had Bliss in the name - it was designed to be a sun/UV shield for a hammock. So the diameter was large enough that I could pull it over both the hammock and at least the UQ. Maybe the TQ too; it's been a while since I've been in a situation to use them. I'm pretty sure you could find something like that on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Hammock-Bliss.../dp/B003AWXBII

With that set up, you'd have both your tarp and hammock/quilts in their own skins - no more sails. And no mingling wet gear with dry gear.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 02-15-2020 at 17:17.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12