This is a Family-Friendly Event!

WHEN
    FRIDAY, Sept 20 - SUNDAY, Sept 22

WHERE
    Pine Grove Furnace State Park
    1100 Pine Grove Rd, Gardners, PA 17324
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...egrovefurnace/
    GPS Coordinates: Lat. 40.02565 Long. -77.31086

We reserved all 6 group sites and have the pavilion for the 21st, so plan on a weekend of fun, hiking, gear showing, and, as always, eating. The cost for this is covered with the raffle monies. Please plan on purchasing at least one ticket per attendee to help pay for the event. More details below.

WHO'S COMING? SIGN UP - Use link below (FIRST TAB of DOC)
    Please click the link below to sign up
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FOOD DONATION SIGN UP - Use link below (SECOND TAB on SAME DOC)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Vendor Sales
    As with all MAHHAs, there will be no vendor sales. MAHHA hangs are for fun, fellowship, food, relaxation, etc. We, as a group, do not have a sales permit from PGFST, and have no interest in obtaining one.

Meals
    - Saturday Breakfast is a long tradition at MAHHA. Come to the pavilion at the crack of Dutch until 9:30 am or until the food is gone.
    - Saturday Dinner we will have our community Pulled Pork Pot Luck Dinner followed by a group photo. Raffle money will provide pulled pork sandwiches. Be sure to sign up here to contribute to the pot luck dinner.
    Please try to bring your own washable plates and eating utensils to reduce our footprint.
    Note: We asked for less seasoning on the pork this year as we found it to be a tad on the salty side.

Cell Phone Coverage
    There is next to no coverage in the park. I have been able to text more often than call. There are some locations where there is some call coverage, but not very reliable.

Free Camping
    All of the group sites have been reserved. The cost for these sites is covered with the raffle monies.

Free Firewood
    Each of these group sites have their own campfire ring. Friends of Pine Grove Furnace are dropping off a load of firewood on Friday night for free because we have donated to the group in the past. You can bring fire wood, just make sure it is from PA as per PGFST requests. Note: The park allows gathering dead, down wood... but no chainsaws in the park.

Water
    The group site has a water pump near the parking area.

Bathrooms
    The group site has men and women's flush toilets and sinks with running water within walking distance.

Parking
    With the large number of attendees, there will be a concern for parking. There is a large parking lot at the group sites, but we need to park conservatively. Our group will be the only one using this parking lot, so it will be better than years before. As last year, there will be no parking allowed along the entry road into the group camping area. And there will be no parking allowed on the main road.

Anyone coming for the day on Saturday, will need to park in one of the day use areas...not in the group camping parking lot.

Pre-Hikers/Post-Hikers...There will be NO parking in the group parking lot before Friday or after Sunday late afternoon. Please do not go to the office and ask....not happening. You can use the Parking area available for the Appalachian trail located near the Furnace Stack Pavilion. You will need to register your vehicle with the office. You may also use the parking lot down the road...at Caledonia State Park...on the other side of Rt. 30. You might need to register your vehicle there also.

Pay Family Campground
    It is just up the road on the right. Sites can and should be reserved for anyone not wanting to hang or tent in the Group Camping Area. There are sites with electric. There are sites that allow dogs. There is a bath house with showers and flush toilets for those with sites. Note, sites with electric that allow dogs have the highest demand. The person reserving sites in the Family Campground is responsible for the cost.

Dogs
    Dogs are not allowed in the Group Camping area, but are allowed at the pavilion and at certain campsites in the family campground. Service dogs are allowed anywhere in the park.

Alcohol
    No alcoholic beverages allowed in the state park. Rangers will be patrolling the area.

Meals
    - Saturday Morning Breakfast: Dutch is the contact person. Please use the signup sheet to register your attendance and donation sheet to help contribute.
    - Saturday Supper: Pulled Pork and Kosher Hot Dogs. The cost for the supper is covered with the raffle monies. Please use the signup sheet to register your attendance and donation sheet (second tab) to help contribute. Thanks!

Everyone is encouraged to bring a food contribution for the supper. Please see the sign-up sheet for suggested food items. There are other items needed, please sign up to bring something if you are able.

Raffle
    After the meal, we will hold a raffle, which pays for all costs incurred by our event. Any extra money is donated to the park, the AT, etc., and to reserve sites for the next MAHHA. Tickets $10 each! We are asking everyone to purchase one ticket per attendee to help pay for everything.

Clean-up after dinner
    After the meal and raffle: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers you brought. This will help to leave the pavilion area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Leaving Your Campsite
    Sunday when leaving group hang area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up, again, let's leave the group hang area in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it with you and post on HF.

Organizers
    Thanks to Dutch, Donna Weaver, and thanks everyone for all your contributions and volunteer work on this event each year!!! We have a great group!!
    Last edited by Dutchette; 08-12-2019 at 09:33.

Hammock
    dutch chameleon
    Tarp
    Batona Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle Susp
    Images
    any activities planed? workshops?
    Hello I'm new to the forum. I'm also a new backpacker and hammock user.
    Y NOT= TONY SPELLED BACKWARDS

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Hi Y,
    When I hear from Dutch on the extras I'll add them to the spreadsheet. Check back as you can.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    Hey George,

Can you try it now? When I made it public, it changed my permissions from people to edit, to "locked". Nothing like figuring out internet settings to make me feel old. LOL

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    No worries K, I know the last time I made a google doc I did the same thing, but I am old lol.

Anyway, now it works.

Since I try to do all this on my phone, I have a harder time trying to make the links in tapatalk. But I I know what you mean. Just wishing I could come this year. Hmmm... do I really need to go to my son’s wedding instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    If they are having a raffle and pulled pork at the wedding, most definitely go! LOL We will miss you!

Side note, I saw you have "kites" quoted below your comment. Have you heard of WindFire Designs? Dude, their kites look like legit butterfly wings! Enjoy the wedding.

2019 Fall MAHHA Sept 20-22nd - Official Planning Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchette View Post
    Side note, I saw you have "kites" quoted below your comment. Have you heard of WindFire Designs? Dude, their kites look like legit butterfly wings! Enjoy the wedding.
    Those are impressive kite designs. Its been a while since we have flown. Something about hammocks and TREES that doesnt go will with kites. But those quads looked really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by y not View Post
    any activities planed? workshops?
    I usually do a splicing class, but I will probably schedule it on Saturday and announce it at breakfast. There is a lot of moving parts with people going on hikes so I like to gauge it that day.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast