Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    2QZQ

It’s been a long week, and all you can think about is getting diagonal in your hammock! You finally get to camp, set up, allow your body to relax into that perfect sweet spot you were anticipating all week long. The rest of the world fades away, and it’s just you, your hammock, and the leaves blowing in the breeze above you. “What the...where’s my headlamp? Oh.” You can see it. You can reach it. But you can’t. Argh! This bug net!!!

Enter 2QZQ!

Tim's idea on the trail to add a zipper to an integrated bugnet hammock to allow access to underquilts and gear bags led to a reluctant hammock modification by Donna. The idea took flight and expanded, and before they knew it, they had a growing business which now includes several possible hammock mods, accessories and tarp mods.

If you are at all familiar with MAHHA, I am sure 2Q (Tim) and ZQ (Donna) are no strangers to you! In addition to helping with things like helping set up for the pulled pork supper, they do all kinds of behind the scenes things to help keep MAHHA running smoothly!

Now would be a great time to check out their website, because 2QZQ is generously donating these gift certificates for the raffle! Whether you have been dreaming of a mod on your current rig or just really want that 2QZQ Tree Table, this could be your chance!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Homemade for now
    Well I was all excited to attend but things have changed. With this past week being so busy and hectic I've not had a chance to get anything ready to go and I won't have the chance either. And on top of that, we got a new puppy which is taking up the free time and attention. Sorry I'm gonna miss all the fun, I was really looking forward to it. Maybe next year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus06 View Post
    Well I was all excited to attend but things have changed. With this past week being so busy and hectic I've not had a chance to get anything ready to go and I won't have the chance either. And on top of that, we got a new puppy which is taking up the free time and attention. Sorry I'm gonna miss all the fun, I was really looking forward to it. Maybe next year.

Oh no! Hopefully you’ll be able to come over for the Spring hang. Good luck with that puppy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing
    - - - as though I had wings. Mary Oliver, Starlings in Winter

Hammock
    Homemade for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchette View Post
    Oh no! Hopefully you’ll be able to come over for the Spring hang. Good luck with that puppy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Going to try to come. She is a handful so far but fun.

My granddaughter is almost 4. So I think it is better if she sleeps with me. I will suck it up for one night and be uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairduct View Post
    My granddaughter is almost 4. So I think it is better if she sleeps with me. I will suck it up for one night and be uncomfortable.
    Creating great memories, too! ��

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    So, I'm trying to figure out where to go once I arrive at the park. Since I'll be there just for the day, and I'm going to be carrying stuff and with a recovering back, I'm hoping I can find a parking spot not too far away from the site...I know I need to park in a day use lot, but the DCNR maps don't specify WHERE the groups sites are, so I don't know where the nearest day use parking is?

Does someone know the numbers of the group sites? so I can find them on the campsite map?
    http://www.docs.dcnr.pa.gov/cs/group...cnr_003375.pdf

<<<<<<<Parking: With the large number of attendees, there will be a concern for parking. There is a large parking lot at the group sites, but we need to park conservatively. Our group will be the only one using this parking lot, so it will be better than years before. As last year, there will be no parking allowed along the entry road into the group camping area. And there will be no parking allowed on the main road.
    Anyone coming for the day on Saturday, will need to park in one of the day use areas...not in the group camping parking lot.>>>>>>>>>
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHeart2Heart View Post
    So, I'm trying to figure out where to go once I arrive at the park. Since I'll be there just for the day, and I'm going to be carrying stuff and with a recovering back, I'm hoping I can find a parking spot not too far away from the site...I know I need to park in a day use lot, but the DCNR maps don't specify WHERE the groups sites are, so I don't know where the nearest day use parking is?
    Hey lovely. I'll post a photo of where the parking area is. It's in the MIDDLE of all the group campsites. We all double park each other in and just coordinate if we need to leave at any certain time. Gimmie a sec. <3

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    So, I'm trying to figure out where to go once I arrive at the park. ...
    Anyone coming for the day on Saturday, will need to park in one of the day use areas...not in the group camping parking lot.>>>>>>>>>
    It's on the left side of the road beyond the pavilion parking, but before the main campground with the sites. Group sites are lettered sites A to E(F?). The day use area is near the pavilions.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    So, I'm trying to figure out where to go once I arrive at the park. Since I'll be there just for the day, and I'm going to be carrying stuff and with a recovering back, I'm hoping I can find a parking spot not too far away from the site...
    Follow the arrows from the top of the map. Follow them to the word "Park".

Step by step directions:
    From 81 follow Rt 233 toward the park.
    At the stop sign, take a right.
    Take a left in a few hundred feet toward the General Store and IronMaster's Mansion.
    Take another left onto Bendersville Road.
    Over the bridge and take a left into group camping entrance. It will lead you to the parking lot. Park two deep.
    You'll be surrounded by campsites. Bathrooms will be south, up the hill.
    Water spigot is strangely located beside the dumpsters.
    I hope this helps. <3

Group Camping. Park here with your bad back.pdf
    Last edited by Dutchette; 09-20-2019 at 10:14.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast