Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit and 20 others
    Tarp
    HG 12' Dyneema Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    All of them
    I had a blast! Thank you to all of the fun and knowledgeable people who made me feel right at home even though this was my very first hammock hang. I'm definitely looking forward to doing another one in the future.
    I'm that guy from YouTube that likes to walk around in the woods and talk to a camera... Check me out on Youtube, Sintax77.com, Twitter or Facebook

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sintax77 View Post
    I had a blast! Thank you to all of the fun and knowledgeable people who made me feel right at home even though this was my very first hammock hang. I'm definitely looking forward to doing another one in the future.
    Sincerely our pleasure. Thank you for being so brave and hanging out with complete strangers. Never got to try that Queso (Miso) you guys made but I'm sure it was a rewarding snack after your morning adventure.
    I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing
    - - - as though I had wings. Mary Oliver, Starlings in Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Sintax77 View Post
    Having you and Sara with us was so much fun! Warmed my heart to see you connecting with all kinds of different people, relaxing and hanging out!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchette View Post
    There's nothing formally organized by Dutch. People just basically talk to each other around meal times and go from there. By the way, breakfast is served around 7:30-8 am at the pavilion near the AT Museum. If you are getting there around 9:30 am, then park by the pavilion to eat. If you want to set up your hammock system first, then head to the group campground (map I drew ya). There's a small group of us hiking after all the breakfast work is done. I have Lincoln so I am not allowed to go to the group campground. I'll be leaving straight from the Pavilion. Vicki will be there the whole time though and I trust her with my dearest and bestest. Pack snacks in your day pack for hiking. The hike may take about 2 hours depending on which direction we hike. OH and there's like NO cell service except for little spots here and there where you hang from a tree, rub your belly, pat your head, and click your heals together. Download all your hiking maps and favorite music if that motivates you to wake up in the morning. See you there, darling.
    awww.. wish I had caught this before we left! As you know now, we got there at 10am, but didn't know about the pavilion and socialized for a little bit by the hammocks before hiking. I ogled at the field of hammocks (great group site by the way), and grabbed a few closeups, but wish I'd had more time to look around!
    48781997392_0284be33d3_z.jpg
    48781997442_40f26b45b4_z.jpg

One of my prime directives was to meet some new people in the northeast region, as I've made some great friends in New England and wanted to expand my circle. I definitely accomplished this: Shout outs to Christine, Stacy, Jeremiah, Justin, Chris, Julie, Gene and son Matthew (or was it Michael?) Matt, Paul and some other folks, who unfortunately I met after my quota of names that stick in my head was overfilled!! LOL!

Had a lovely time chatting with Dutch and Jessica and Alana our amazing raffle MC, and lovely Vicki and her delightful nephews Kai and Cayden, as well as meeting up with friends Terri and Tim, and of course Kristal and Lincoln doggie!! Fond hello to friend George Carr, and waves to all those I made eye contact with but didn't have the pleasure of meeting officially.
    48781827276_9b9e1dd408_z.jpg
    48781465648_b25dfdd15e_z.jpg
    Ted and I did wind up hiking SOBO to the AT midway point on our own, and it was the longest hike we've done together in a long time (other than Mt. Washington).
    48781827801_4d1b609646_z.jpg
    While on our hike we saw cool "shrooms" and I had a butterfly alight on my arm for a few brief, but amazing seconds.
    48781999907_4156a45d6d_z.jpg
    48781999217_1c4e07ac6d_z.jpg

Though we were hurtin' at the end, we were proud of our accomplishment, and felt the feast of pork and dogs was well earned.
    48781829541_f5126f3bfd_z.jpg
    I enjoyed cheering on the winners of the raffle and even came home with a couple goodies myself.
    Even though Ted and I were only there for the day trip (it was a "mom" visit in Myerstown rest of the weekend), I am sooo glad we made the trip, and had such a great day to meet, greet, and hike our hearts out!

oh, and here is the best bonus pic ever:
    48781829576_aca6545024_z.jpg

Thanks all! Maybe I'll see some of you again in the Pine Barrens in November! (If I can win the battle of "cold fear" with my resistant body!)

Dawn (and Ted) in NJ
    Last edited by NJHeart2Heart; 09-23-2019 at 10:42.
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickence View Post
    Having you and Sara with us was so much fun! Warmed my heart to see you connecting with all kinds of different people, relaxing and hanging out!
    oh no! I missed Sara!! I would have liked to have met her!! Still nice to say hello to Shawn!

Dawn in NJ
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema Hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Spider/Poly Strap
    Yes, please bring more Queso! That was very good.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Print2Fabric
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness HG
    Suspension
    Mantis w Spider Da
    Images
    Thanks everyone for coming to the 2019 Fall MAHHA. With the new Fall date the attendance changed a bit, but we still raised over $2000.00. Your support was AMAZING!!

After paying for the campsites and pavilion we were able to give $200 to the AT Museum, $100 to Friends of Pine Grove, $200 toward the Lititz Chapter of the Boy Scouts (we try to alternate clubs), and $500 to Hogar Crae Woman's Shelter located in the heart of Lancaster City.

We are already looking forward to the next hang. Until then, peace. -K
    I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing
    - - - as though I had wings. Mary Oliver, Starlings in Winter

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless - for now
    Tarp
    Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Don't know if anyone is still following this thread now that the fun times have passed (until the spring).

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your donation to our Troop!

Some of you may have seen my post in the general forum about Dutch coming and talking with our boys about hammock camping this summer. Well, it has generated a lot of interest and we are working on enabling the boys to DIY their own hammocks this winter. The donation will go to offset the costs for the boys.

Thank you again and maybe we'll be seeing you at the spring MAHHA!

Glad to hear the boys are excited about getting out there and hanging! It would be awesome if you guys could come to MAHHA!!! We'd love to see their DIY gear, too, if they want to show it off!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011