In-stock items not actually in stock. Is this a norm for Warbonnet Outdoors?

UPDATE: Ryan got back to me today and confirmed there was an inventory error in the website. He shipped it out today and uograded the shipping to express, free of charge. Now that's good customer service!

Original post:
    I ordered a blue, single layer wbbb on the 18th of July, and I made sure the website said it was in stock before I ordered it. I was heading out of town for the month of August, so I didn't want to risk having a backordered item arrive while I was away. (Somebody has been stealing packages from my place.) However after I placed the order, I was told the lead time was 1 to 2 weeks. Fair enough, maybe they haven't had a chance to update the inventory system.( I help run a family-owned business as well, I know what it's like to keep a website constantly updated when sales and orders peak.) But now I'm in my third week since I ordered it, still no shipping notification. To be fair, Ryan has answered my inquiries and said the batch I ordered should have been ready to ship out on Monday the fifth. (It's Wednesday of course...)

Is this normal? I hate to sound impatient, as I know what crunch time is like. At the same time, when I am moving from place to place, I hate stressing about intercepting orders. When a website says an item is "in stock", it should actually be in stock and ready to ship.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BestUsernameInTheWorld; 08-07-2019 at 14:50. Reason: Update

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Last two things I ordered separately (a tarp and then a hammock) were in stock and I received within a few days.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Not sure if this was on the site when you ordered or not, but looks to me that the "in-stock" normal ship time is 1-2 weeks (5-10 business days). I think this is the norm for most makers as I don't believe they typically have stock lying around unless they're anticipating some volume, like a sale. Such was the case when I recently got my Eldorado in 3 days from order.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Just a little update, Ryan just got back to me, apparently there was an inventory error. He upgraded my shipping to express, so all is good.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Edited to removed the Tapatalk extra characters in title of the thread.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Edited to removed the Tapatalk extra characters in title of the thread.
    Thanks, that was driving me nuts.

• + New Posts