Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    I like the simplicity and portability of the 2QZQ UQP. Amazing but true, you may end up with more than one hammock. I'm sure you could also move the WB UQP around - assuming it has bungee suspension rather than just zippers. Remember, the UQP just has to cover the UQ - not the whole hammock body (though it usually does a pretty good job of it).
    No shock cord on the WB UQP. It has ribbon ties at the ends that could be tied to the continuous loops at the ends of the hammock in lieu of using the zippers.

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    If you zip the Warbonnet UQP to the top cover/bugnet, the hammock will be "floating" inside the shell formed by the UQP and top cover/bugnet.
    Yes, as noted.

The shelf will still be available, it just won't be connected to the hammock, but to the UQP.
    I didn't realize that. Interesting!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Yes, as noted.
    I realize that part of my response only reiterated what you had already said. In part, I was responding to the original post, and in part I was pointing out how the shelf situation works when attaching the UQP to the top cover.

I get it though... I know it can be obnoxious when you read through the answers to a thread and there are multiple people giving redundant replies after the question has already been answered.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I have and use both.

The 2QZQ UQP is simple and lightweight. I works with any hammock I own. On the con-side it doesn't offer as much protection as the WB UQP since it's shorter and can't be connected to the hammock. It also can come up quite high on the sides - which can be nice if you want more protection for you head and/or feet or annoying, if you don't.

With the WB UQP I went with the double zipper track, which is a great feature provided you use a Wooki. With this you first hang the Wooki, then you attach the UQP to the hammock, and then zip the net or top cover to the UQP. You'll keep the shelf and the footbox, and what I like especially: there is no chance that you're going to accidentally sit in your Wooki ever again. On the con-side the double zipper track probably prevents the use of non-Wooki-style underquilts, and it can be a pain in the neck to put the many zippers in place. There is also more fabric that flaps around. But still worth considering when your main hammock is an XLC/Eldorado.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    I have and use both.

The 2QZQ UQP is simple and lightweight. I works with any hammock I own. On the con-side it doesn't offer as much protection as the WB UQP since it's shorter and can't be connected to the hammock. It also can come up quite high on the sides - which can be nice if you want more protection for you head and/or feet or annoying, if you don't.

With the WB UQP I went with the double zipper track, which is a great feature provided you use a Wooki. With this you first hang the Wooki, then you attach the UQP to the hammock, and then zip the net or top cover to the UQP. You'll keep the shelf and the footbox, and what I like especially: there is no chance that you're going to accidentally sit in your Wooki ever again. On the con-side the double zipper track probably prevents the use of non-Wooki-style underquilts, and it can be a pain in the neck to put the many zippers in place. There is also more fabric that flaps around. But still worth considering when your main hammock is an XLC/Eldorado.
    I hereby redundantly echo, and concur with, all of Hutzelbein’s sentiments. Obnoxious or reassuring? Depends on who you ask ))

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Obnoxious or reassuring?
    Fair play, and I didn't really mean to imply that discussions should be closed or anything like that. It's is an open, public forum after all. It was a comment/post I probably shouldn't have made, and I might have even taken Snaps' comment out of context as well.

Without a doubt, hutzelbein's advice and experience brings a lot to the table and her comments are definitely not obnoxious.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    See my WB UQP in the video below at 16:30. Might give you some insight.
    It is versatile for the XLC.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    KC Cat Tangle 12
    Insulation
    LLG CR, Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie & shackle
    ...I might have even taken Snaps' comment out of context as well.
    FWIW, I didn't feel like your comment stepped on mine. All I meant with my post was, while I knew the BBXLC would float inside the topcover/UQP cocoon, I didn't know the UQP would let you keep the shelf.

Trying to communicate the entirety of your meaning in spoken words is hard... let alone doing it with typed words on the internet.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

UQP for WBBB XLC

the 2QZQ UQP is so easy and versatile, I'd recommend to try that one out first. they sell like hot cakes on the for sale forum if you ever decide to try out the warbonnet one later. Or, if you ever pick up another hammock, you can be sure the 2QZQ will be of use.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20° Wookie
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I purchased wb underquilt protector, it was very baggy and I didn't like losing the foot box when zipped on. I sent it to 2qzq and they removed the zipper. They sewed the end ties into loops, where I added mini binders and they sewed channels and put in mini shock cord with cord locks so it can be cinched up. I love it. This was before he sold the extra zipper.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast