Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SamD View Post
    Trude and I had a great time when we were there some years ago!
    We enjoyed hanging out with you too Sam! Although you did cost me some. Yes, after seeing some of what you carry, I added to my gear, particularly in the fire starting/ferro striker arena.

Plan another cross country road trip during our hang time and I'll make sure we have some trees for you guys.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Each year, in advance of our Fall Hang, I go on a Recon Hang to check in with the park staff, look at the sites for any maintenance issues that I can see, and to just plain get some tree time.

With the first cold front of the year, the temps were great!

A great time was had and the anticipation of us all being there in November is really growing.

We still need some more rain to lift the burn ban so please kick those prayers, mantras, or rain dances up a notch.

camp coffee 1.jpg

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Each year, in advance of our Fall Hang, I go on a Recon Hang to check in with the park staff, look at the sites for any maintenance issues that I can see, and to just plain get some tree time.

With the first cold front of the year, the temps were great!

A great time was had and the anticipation of us all being there in November is really growing.

We still need some more rain to lift the burn ban so please kick those prayers, mantras, or rain dances up a notch.

camp coffee 1.jpg
    Cool! Nice pic...are those simulated flames?
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Cool! Nice pic...are those simulated flames?
    Hahaha! Good eye Dave.

I'm busted posting a pic of last year's campsite. Right park. Right hammocks and tarp. Wrong date.

Every time I tried to upload the shot I took from this year, it loaded upside down. 20191012_183438.jpg

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    C'mon rain!
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    The burn ban has been lifted!

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    The burn ban has been lifted!
    Dave

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

#TFH2019 Final Countdown Reminders and Questions

Here's a few thoughts to help make sure we're all on the same page:

#TFH2019 - please consider this hash tag on pics posted to social media to help with searches

Cell service is sketchy in the park so don’t count on it for communication, especially with folk like me who have AT&T “service”. In addition, I’ll likely be off line as early as Monday for communications purposes so if calls, texts or posts are slow in response, please don’t think I’m ignoring you.

Remember that while campsites are paid in advance, there is still a daily use fee per person that the park front office will collect. If you don’t have a Texas State Park Pass that covers those fees, now may be a good time to consider that. Ours pays for itself many times over.

Here is the link to the Sign-Up Sheet. Those in Cooks Ferry have their sites listed there as we’ve already discussed and those in other areas are also listed as we have them so that we can find one another if needed and to let the park know how many of us are really there enjoying the place. If you haven’t updated your info, please take a moment to do so.

The Saturday morning breakfast will be at site 76 - bring a plate/cup or whatever and an appetite. The menu is a potato/egg/cheese blend for breakfast tacos and there will be coffee close by.

Saturday night’s pot-luck dinner will be at the open field by the volleyball court.

Site 40 is the hospitality site with PIF table, workshops and classes info and collection spot for drawing prize donations. One of several different campfire options will be there most evenings.

Here’s the link to the Frequently Asked Questions. Included in it are links to weather forecasts, state park rules that we need to abide by, pot luck and Saturday breakfast info as well as other good stuff.

If we see your names on the sign in sheet, excellent. Please take another look at what you've added as far is info goes as I see some blank fields in several folks lines.

Final questions for those coming:

Have you made arrangements for a campsite either by way of a reservation with TPWD or plans to share with someone who has a booked site already? If so, please note your site number. If not, and you are looking to share a space, now is the time to post that you are looking so you know exactly where to go when you get to the park. All of the sites are by reservation and at last check the place was fully booked, that doesn't mean there aren't folks in our group willing to share, but it does mean that if you plan on just showing up and finding a space, that may prove to be a disappointment.

Second, please note your anticipated arrival date/time so we won’t worry about you on the road. I know, sounds like dad on date night, but we do care about the folks we camp with and their safety.

Third, please review the event info, planning posts and FAQs and don’t be shy about questions.

We have a great time and want you to as well, so the better prepared on the front end, the better shot at a wonderful weekend.

I look forward to hanging out with you and helping any way I can.

Mike
    Aka “Uncle Mike”

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9x9
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    It's been several years since I made the last Texas Fall Group Hang.

Super jazzed about getting out and seeing some old friendly faces again. And amped to have my son in tow. He was just a wee lad last time around.

The weather feels great. Excited to hear the burn ban has been lifted. That is a game changer.

Best,

KaiserSosa signing back in ~ (aka David)

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSosa View Post
    It's been several years since I made the last Texas Fall Group Hang.

Super jazzed about getting out and seeing some old friendly faces again. And amped to have my son in tow. He was just a wee lad last time around.

The weather feels great. Excited to hear the burn ban has been lifted. That is a game changer.

Best,

KaiserSosa signing back in ~ (aka David)
    Glad to have you back with us again! The faces are still friendly, just watch that "old" part.

Do you have a site booked? If not, I have one that just opened up.

I've posted the availability to the FB group and will here too in case someone wants it. If so, PM me for details.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast