Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images

Nearly Perfect Color Match

Order number 10908 super happy - colors match almost perfectly. Can't thank you enough for the new S binders too!! Paul &Missy and Crew customer for life!!!!
    Question though, why no more branding on outer shell, head side? You guys have such fantastic gear It's a shame not to be able to represent it

Anyone curious about what this stuff looks like right out of the box I'll have my unboxing video up later today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Very nice looking quilt! I don't own any UGQ stuff, but I am heavily considering them for my future 40° set. If I had to guess, they may have changed the logo placement due to the possibility of down leakage from having a patch sewn where the down is.

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Very nice looking quilt! I don't own any UGQ stuff, but I am heavily considering them for my future 40° set. If I had to guess, they may have changed the logo placement due to the possibility of down leakage from having a patch sewn where the down is.
    Don't get me wrong I think Hammock gear makes excellent gear as well - The reason I traded my incubator for a Zeppelin was due to three reasons;
    #1 - I was waking up cold in the middle of the night when I had my HG incubator and I believe it was because of how wide or lack of width on the hammock gear, as I am a side sleeper and tend to push the hammock sides out as I flop around - UGQ quilts are wider.
    #2 - I don't know if it was because I bought the economy level incubator or if it's just a construction deal but, UGQ's primary and even their secondary suspension was much beefier than the hammock gear. IMHO - This keeps the under quilt in place and pinned against the hammock preventing air gaps or CBS.
    #3 - While both brands are constructed well - UGQ's for me are legendary - In my unboxing video I talk about this a little bit. But I took a buddy of mine camping from Vermont. He brought his son who was going to try hammock camping for the first time using my first DIY hammock that I made back in 2016 and his son was using my 20* Zeppelin for insulation as well. Anyhow, I did a poor job instructing my buddy's son on how to use it - he then messed up and tried to crawl into the underquilt as though it was a hammock. I was amazed to find the 20* Zeppelin only on the ground because just the S binder had snapped and broken. NO damage was done to the quilt itself which bore all 85-100 pounds of weight in it. I'm fairly certain that the incubator would not have fared as well - either the suspension would have broken/torn, or I believe the fabric would have ripped as fine as their suspension is. It's almost like using a rope chain to cut a tree...

Anyhow I'm highly opinionated and highly biased but I would go with UGQ all the way!!
    Thanks Team UGQ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I get it. My 20° quilt set is from Loco Libre- whose quilts are known by many for their superb craftsmanship. I've had the opportunity to see a few UGQ quilts in person, and they, too, seem like very high quality- well made quilts. UGQ uses more down than HG in their quilts- which could perhaps be another reason why the UGQ quilt is keeping you warmer.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Nice quilt.. I may have to consider them for my my next quilt set...

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    Nice quilt.. I may have to consider them for my my next quilt set...
    Well it's going to be boring as hell but if you want to see what it looks like right out of the box I'll have a video up here later today. I'll posted a link later on.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I have a zero degree UGQ top quilt and it is an awesome sight to behold, not to mention to sleep in!

Last edited by MAD777; 08-03-2019 at 07:12.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by GilligansWorld View Post
    Don't get me wrong I think Hammock gear makes excellent gear as well - The reason I traded my incubator for a Zeppelin was due to three reasons;
    #1 - I was waking up cold in the middle of the night when I had my HG incubator and I believe it was because of how wide or lack of width on the hammock gear, as I am a side sleeper and tend to push the hammock sides out as I flop around - UGQ quilts are wider.
    They both state their width as 44” wide. Is the incubator tapered a bit at the foot end?

I have had HG make me quilts that are several inches wider because of the same issue. The wider quilts do seem to keep me covered as a tall person who prefers wide hammocks and side sleeps / moves around a bit.

That said... I’m a recent UGQ customer (topquilts), love that they make long/wide quilts with their XL line, and will probably try one of their Zeppelin UQ one of these days.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images

#2 - I don't know if it was because I bought the economy level incubator or if it's just a construction deal but, UGQ's primary and even their secondary suspension was much beefier than the hammock gear. IMHO - This keeps the under quilt in place and pinned against the hammock preventing air gaps or CBS.

Anyhow I'm highly opinionated and highly biased but I would go with UGQ all the way!!
    Thanks Team UGQ

Yeah I thought the same thing but definitely seemed shorter. Perhaps the difference was the suspension - Like I stated Zeppelin has super beefy suspension maybe it just keeps it in place better?

Anyway nothing against hammock gear I just didn't like it as a side sleeper. The Zeppelin seems to work for me better, and like in the story I shared they definitely seem to be bulletproof.

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Yeah I thought the same thing but definitely seemed shorter. Perhaps the difference was the suspension - Like I stated Zeppelin has super beefy suspension maybe it just keeps it in place better?

Anyway nothing against hammock gear I just didn't like it as a side sleeper. The Zeppelin seems to work for me better, and like in the story I shared they definitely seem to be bulletproof.

Yeah i wonder— I watched a video review after reading this post and that person also commented on it being “wider” in the way you described it— makes me think it could be a design difference like that.

Either way—- a Zeppelin is on my wish list— width aside, they have some additional attachment points along the side to you more options for keeping the quilt in place, might be exactly what I need.

• + New Posts