Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    JrB+Cedar Ridge UP
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties

stuff sack for 20 degree Sniveller tq?

I just received an 20 degree Sniveller tq from jrb and didn't realize it didn't come with a stuff sack. For those of you that have this top quilt, do you use the jrb compression sack or did you use some other stuff sack? In either case, which size fits the 20 degree Sniveller?

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    We stopped including compression sacks a few months back and dropped the price accordingly.

A lot of folks no longer use compressions sacks and instead keep their quilts dry inside a lawn contractor bag or trash compactor liner.

We didn’t want anyone to have to pay for something they did not want so now we offer them separately. For 20 degree quilts we recommend the regular size: https://www.jacksrbetter.com/product/compression-sacks/
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    You need to include a stuff sack. Price drop or not.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by cneill13 View Post
    You need to include a stuff sack. Price drop or not.
    I beg to differ on this one. I have a sack full of stuff sacks that I never/rarely use. I've never bought a quilt from JRB but appreciate the option to save a few bucks in exchange for not having to store another sack.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I agree with the decision to offer the stuff sack separately. No need to pay for one if you don't use 'em.

I will make one suggestion though. You should add a drop-down option to include a stuff sack for those who want one. Currently, it's not apparent that a stuff sack isn't included; so I do empathize with the OP on this. Making this drop-down a required action will ensure that every customer is getting exactly what they expect.

Edit: Some of the product videos mention that the quilts come with a stuff sack. (i.e.- The Outdoor Gear Review of the Shenandoah quilt)

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    I agree with the decision to offer the stuff sack separately. No need to pay for one if you don't use 'em.

I will make one suggestion though. You should add a drop-down option to include a stuff sack for those who want one. Currently, it's not apparent that a stuff sack isn't included; so I do empathize with the OP on this. Making this drop-down a required action will ensure that every customer is getting exactly what they expect.

Edit: Some of the product videos mention that the quilts come with a stuff sack. (i.e.- The Outdoor Gear Review of the Shenandoah quilt)
    Excellent suggestion.

The current trend (a very good one IMO) in backpacking is to stuff quilts directly into the pack or liner to avoid the packing hassle and extra weight of a totally unnecessary stuff sack. Far more efficient use of pack space.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post

Thanks for the suggestion! Right now the website doesn't allow for add-on products that deduct from the same inventory as an individual product. (I'm still looking for a solution though!)

I did add a line to the detailed and brief description sections of all the quilt pages explaining our decision to not include compression sacks along with a link to the compression sack page.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Clisbyclark View Post
    I beg to differ on this one. I have a sack full of stuff sacks that I never/rarely use.
    I have so many stuff sacks that I have never used also. Depending on what type of trip I'm doing I change how I pack my quilts. For Backpacking trip its either a lawn and leaf bag or a hyperlite Pod. On motorcycle trips I use a Sea to Summit Event waterproof compression sack to reduce bulk and give me the option to lash my quilts to my back seat if I fill up my side case. For paddling trips I either use the Sea to Summit Events or a large waterproof roll bag.
    www.jacksrbetter.com

• + New Posts