Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

Product design studio

I have been in Washington State fooling around but I want to share with you something we have been working on for a very long time. The software for this comes from the furniture industry and we had it written to work with our products. A couple months ago we introduced the design studio where you and download your images or edit our stock images to make them fit your needs. That design studio can be found right here...https://dutchwaregear.com/product/fabric-studio/
    I invite everyone to come in and play around. There are many ways to edit your image and make it yours. Now we are going a step further, after you design your print, you can see how it will look on your gear. We are starting with the pillow and our rain skirt for now but one by one we will be adding this to all our products. Imagine the tarps, Chameleons, and pack covers with your personal touches on it.
    So I was at Mt St Helen's yesterday. This is the picture I got on a fairly clear day...
    67552265_10220050093951953_8818102156914589696_o.jpg
    Here is the same image after I put it through the design studio for the pillow...
    preview.png
    Now that pillow doesn't actually exist. We are showing you what your image would look like when the finished product is done. Now you are in control so get in there and play around. Email us if you have any questions but it is pretty easy and with a little practice you will be able to design all kinds of cool prints.
    This is just the beginning of something that will be really big. Have fun and play around with it. It is free for you to download and adjust the images to see them on the final products.
    Here is the link to the pillow...
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/de...illow-printed/
    Here is the rain skirt...
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/de...ur-rain-skirt/
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, DIY
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    HG, DIY
    Suspension
    Straps, Beetles
    Images
    This is really cool! I uploaded an image and played around with it but could seem to crop it or center the desired portion of the photo on the pillow. I was using an iPad, so not sure if that might be the problem?

Anyway, the possibilities are endless now as far as printed gear and I can’t wait to make SOMETHING!

Dutch, thanks for bringing this type of design tool to the hammock community!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Damnn, this is cool Dutch! We were just talking pillows in another thread, but I'm gonna have to get one of these just to use my own pic. I'm a big fan of printing my own stuff on canvas for the home, now on to a pillow!

I can tell already that picky people like me will want to crop it manually before uploading. A standard landscape photo from my iPhone doesn't quite fit without losing a lot of image, or tiling which I don't want in most cases.

34"x24" seems to cover the front nicely without cutting it too close. I think. But if I get it just right on front, what's printed in back? The same thing, or does it tile, or nothing?
    Last edited by OneClick; 07-31-2019 at 08:27.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC Double Multicam
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12/ MWG Mons
    Insulation
    ZPacks/LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Sweet!!! I'm in for a pack cover when those come online...and some shorts if I can ever get you to make them in XXL.

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Damnn, this is cool Dutch! We were just talking pillows in another thread, but I'm gonna have to get one of these just to use my own pic. I'm a big fan of printing my own stuff on canvas for the home, now on to a pillow!

I can tell already that picky people like me will want to crop it manually before uploading. A standard landscape photo from my iPhone doesn't quite fit without losing a lot of image, or tiling which I don't want in most cases.

34"x24" seems to cover the front nicely without cutting it too close. I think. But if I get it just right on front, what's printed in back? The same thing, or does it tile, or nothing?
    If it's a landscape picture we can print the same on both sides or it can wrap around. We're still working out some kinks here and there while people start to use this so just leave us a note if you want it a certain way and we'll make sure it happens.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 Ton View Post
    This is really cool! I uploaded an image and played around with it but could seem to crop it or center the desired portion of the photo on the pillow. I was using an iPad, so not sure if that might be the problem?

Anyway, the possibilities are endless now as far as printed gear and I can’t wait to make SOMETHING!

Dutch, thanks for bringing this type of design tool to the hammock community!
    Cropping option is inside the upload image window. Click the crop button to the right of the plus button and you it'll bring up a crop and center button. This software works best on a computer.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Here's a sample. Using a standard landscape photo from my iPhone I simply reduced the size to 32x24 and kept the repeat pattern at the default "Basic". Given the size of the pillow you're going to lose some of the river and sky, unless you want to unlock the ratio and just smash it to fit...an absolute felony for anyone even remotely close to design or photography!

If I did something like this, I guess I would just print the same on the back as well instead of trying to wrap it and have two "sorta nice sides" instead of one good one and whatever else on the back. For the price, I'm a buyer...just need to complete the impossible task of choosing one photo out of a billion!

I wonder how well the printing will hold up after rubbing my dirty greasy head all over it?

Images
    I've had a printed hammock for a little over a year and the image is very durable. I won't claim to know exactly how it works, but the process isn't just screen-printing on the fabric the way graphics are printed on a t-shirt; rather the process modifies the color of the material through and through. The effect is a little more pronounced on one side than the other, which isn't something that would matter on a pillow. On a hammock, the colors are slightly more vivid on one side than the other.

Quoting Dutch from a post a while back:

"So far all of our testing has not shown any significant loss of color in the printed fabrics. We printed our sign for Dutchware and it is exposed 24/7 and hasn't shown any fading. I am certain with time UV will effect it but nothing yet and it gets a lot more exposure than any piece of gear. The dye sublimation process penetrates the fabric and changes it. It isn't a layer on the top like many t-shirts."

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Cool process, Dutch!

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post

I wonder how well the printing will hold up after rubbing my dirty greasy head all over it?
    I want to wake up drooling all over that amazing landscape here in the Flatlands. #TakeMyMoney
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I love seeing the cool designs and it is totally free to go in and see what you can do. Like One Click did, for the pillow his the image just set the dimensions of the image to 32 x 24.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast