Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lawson Equipment new 2.5mm glowire

I just got the announcement about this from Lawson. I've bought his 2mm and 3mm glowire before, but now he's offering a 2.5mm version that is designed for the lineloc 3's. All of my tarps and hot tent uses the lineloc's and I'm tempted to try this new 2.5mm version. Looks like it only comes in orange for now and hopefully they'll be other colors later. $15 for 50 feet and free shipping is a pretty good deal!

https://lawsonequipment.com/Cordage/...ire-p1024.html

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    I ordered some. I also asked if he’ll have 2.5mm Guywire, which is essentially Glowire minus the reflective tracers. He said in about a month he’ll have 2.5mm Guywire and also the other colors of Glowire too.

The email was pretty informative and I don’t see it on the product page, so I’ll post here for the non-subscribers:

“For years people have been asking me. "Lawson, my tarp/tent/shelter uses lineloc 3's, should I buy 2mm or 3mm Glowire?" My response is generally "2mm works good but the line can slip under demanding conditions. 3mm will NOT slip, but it's heavier and doesn't slide as good through the Lineloc 3's".

I haven't been happy with that answer, because I know Lineloc 3's are a very popular tensioner that people love to use. So I have always wanted to make a true 2.5mm line that would bridge the gap and work great with Lineloc 3's. Not a smaller line with an over filled core or a bigger line with no core, but a line that was made perfectly with the right proportion of jacket and core. That way the finished product is not too soft or too stiff, but is just right. I finally have cracked the code on perfection and made the cord exactly how I dreamed. The result is a new size of Reflective Glowire that works awesome with Lineloc 3's. In my opinion it is by far the lightest, strongest, most reflective, lowest stretch, most tangle resistant, best Lineloc 3 cord available. No cord designed to work with Lineloc 3's can touch it.

Specs:
    Diameter: 2.5mm (3/32"). Weight is 1.6 grams per foot. Average Break Strength is 350lbs. & the best part is it's 35% More reflective the 2mm Glowire due to the wider reflective strands.

So if your a big fan of Lineloc 3's, but you have never been 1000% satisfied with 2mm or 3mm lines, you should give this 2.5mm line shot as its great stuff. I am doing a partial release of it in Orange as that is my most popular color Glowire and then a full release in a few weeks in all the colors. And if you feel like it, please tell a friend or someone on a forum as all my business comes from your word of mouth. Which is something I greatly appreciate! As always we have Free Shipping on ALL Orders and a No Bull$h!t Guarantee. Thanks for all your business and support! Let me know if you have any questions.”

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    I've been using the 2mm verison exclusively for some time now and find it ideal for no-hardware setups because holds knots and friction hitches well. Also very tangle resistant. The glow material can wear off in very high-use areas but there's still plenty left to prevent the nighttime tripwire scenario.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Just a little more info on Guywire from an email he sent out April 19, 2019:

“I just wanted to let you know that I have re-released my Guywire cord. It is extremely strong, low stretch, and tangle resistant. It is constructed exactly like my Reflective Glowire, minus the reflective tracers. This gives the line a little extra strength and makes it feel very smooth in your hand. It use to be a very popular cord, but I was unable to keep up with production of it. People have been asking me to bring it back for years now. So here it is and better than ever.. It can be used for any application you can think of and will become your new favorite non-reflective accessory cord. Its available in black, orange, lime, yellow, coyote tan, and olive drab green. I am starting with 2mm and 3mm. 50' and 100' hanks. But I will be adding 5mm soon too. Please check out the website for more details including price, break strengths, etc.”

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    minus the reflective tracers.

(don't ask )

Hammock
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post

(don't ask )
    Oh, who could forget your thread!? LOL. It can’t be unseen! Why do you think I asked about it

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'm just trouble! Thanks for posting this. I'm always in the market for more cordage, even when I'm not.

Glad to here confirmation of other colors. I've got some of Orange and it always looks dirty. I'll order some when the other colors are released.

One clicks thread about the reflective shedding was a classic .

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Is it too much off topic or against the rules to ask why Lawson got banned?

Hammock
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    Is it too much off topic or against the rules to ask why Lawson got banned?
    Nothing too concerning. Just that they have VERY strict rules on this forum about how vendors can talk about other vendors. He just gets a little too passionate and competitive with his sales talk. Nothing that would be too foul outside forum rules from what I could gather.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast