WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Another Product I'd like to See

While I'm rolling on posting today, there's one more thing I'd like to see/have for my Ridgerunner. I'd like a pillow that has attachment loops on each top edge with short elastics and clips to attach it to the folded edge where there's that little dip at the head end. I'm tired of fishing my pillow out from under my back after coming back from a middle of the night snack run.

I have a HammockGear pillow with a single attachment loop in the middle, but with the Ridgerunner design a single center shock cord and clip it doesn't work as good. At least I haven't had as good a result.

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Another Product I'd like to See

Huh. My Apex pillow from SLD has a loop on both top corners...love it. And now I know how I should use it with the RR

https://simplylightdesigns.com/produ...shield-pillows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'm gonna lose an eye one of these days from that cord whipping all over the place when I pull it and it gets stuck. I finally just took it off since I never used it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drsolarmolar View Post
    While I'm rolling on posting today, there's one more thing I'd like to see/have for my Ridgerunner. I'd like a pillow that has attachment loops on each top edge with short elastics and clips to attach it to the folded edge where there's that little dip at the head end. I'm tired of fishing my pillow out from under my back after coming back from a middle of the night snack run.

I have a HammockGear pillow with a single attachment loop in the middle, but with the Ridgerunner design a single center shock cord and clip it doesn't work as good. At least I haven't had as good a result.
    Could you run a single line from hammock corner to corner and keep the HG pillow in place in the middle of that line by attaching a prusik loop between the pillow and line? Nothing to buy, assuming you have some shock cord or whatever type you think would be best.

I have a Ridgerunner and a HG pillow (that I use in my gathered end hammocks), but I can't recall if I've used them together. I have used a simple square pillow in my RR and typically just stuff it into that recess at the head end when I'm not in the hammock laying on it.

Images
    A couple other ideas...

Maybe you could run a line of shock cord from hammock corner to corner, with one of these threaded onto it.
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/springless-cordlocks/
    Then tie a simple loop of shock cord through the "crotch" of this piece and through the center loop of the pillow. Basically this is the same principle as the prusik loop, but with a simple hardware piece. You may even be able to thread the hardware piece directly through the pillow loop before threading it onto the corner to corner line, which skips the extra loop of shock cord. I wouldn't want to be laying with this piece of plastic under my head though, and the extra loop of shock cord would afford you some distance between your head and the plastic hardware.

Or maybe you could attach the eye of one of these to the pillow with a small loop of shock cord and then clip the teeth to the loose fabric at the head end. The would saving having to run a line from hammock corner to corner.
    https://dutchwaregear.com/product/pl...lligator-clip/
    Not sure though... this suggestion might be what you said you've already tried.

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    I like the idea. My last trip was raining and my pillow slipped out of the hammock and got wet so I'm looking for a way to keep the pillow in the hammock or at least if it flips out it doesn't hit the ground.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Could you run a single line from hammock corner to corner and keep the HG pillow in place in the middle of that line by attaching a prusik loop between the pillow and line? Nothing to buy, assuming you have some shock cord or whatever type you think would be best.
    Ooh, I like this idea. I think I’ve got some shockcord and clips in my parts box. I’m going to try this next chance I get. Well done!

Hammock
    Dutch Gear Hexon 1.7
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    DIY EB Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar
    I think Shug mentioned a tethered pillow in his "Pillow Talk" video https://youtu.be/XEynhwnuP3U?t=74.
    A day camping in the rain is better than a good day at work,
    --Shaw.

tsshaw78 is too hard to say on the trail - Just call me Shaw.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tsshaw78 View Post
    I think Shug mentioned a tethered pillow in his "Pillow Talk" video https://youtu.be/XEynhwnuP3U?t=74.
    Most of the pillows made by hammock vendors have a tether.

Hammock Gear (the one the OP owns), Dutchware, and Loco Libre pillows have a single tether point at the top center of the pillow.
    Arrowhead Equipment has a single tether in one corner.
    Simply Light Designs has tether points at both corners and in the center along the top edge of the pillow.
    Warbonnet has no tether.

As others mentioned, the SLD is the one with the features closest to what the OP was asking about, but his desired configuration is pretty specific to the the Ridgerunner or other bridge hammocks and the tethered pillows mentioned above are probably geared a little more toward gathered end hammocks.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    I don't use a tether in the ridge runner (or any other hammock for that matter), I just stuff it either in the head end of the hammock or a saddle bag and retrieve it when I return.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast