WB BBXLC, DH, DIY, GT Hybrid
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies

Klymit Free Pillow Offer Review

This is a bit wordy so forgive me. I am also cut and pasting so if it says something goofy let me know and I will clarify it. I ordered the "free" Klymit seat and got all three offerings. First be advised, free cost me $25.93 for shipping on the three items which each had a charge. But, I knew that up front so I am happy to get three Klymit items for about $9.00 each.

I ordered these on Wed. 7-24-19 and received them today Sat. 7-27-19. There was some speculation as to whether this was a legit offer. Mine were billed by Klymit and shipped from Klymit Kaysville Utah. I got exactly what I ordered and was charged exactly what they said they would charge.

cush back in.jpgcush.jpgnew in package.jpgsize.jpgv back in.jpgv pad.jpgx back in.jpgx pillow.jpg

In the pictures I tried to reference the size by showing the shipping package next to a paperback book. I also used an MRE for size reference against all three. Not scientific, and I don't have a scale, but it will give you some idea. All three were removed then inflated, then deflated and replaced in their sack or band. They all went back in no problems, all held air fine with weight on them and the pillow is very comfortable for a one hour nap in the hammock, and I expect will be so over night. I just took the nap, but it is too hot this time of year for me to sleep outside. My basement stays a nice 68f and no ticks or mosquitoes.

I thought they were all amazingly light, easy to inflate/deflate and seemed like they will be durable. I am not sure what I will use the Cush for, but oddly I like it. The pillow will replace an old Bed Bath and Beyond billow that should have been tossed three years ago. The V pad will go in the footbox of my summer TQ and the Cush I think will be a good camp seat.

Edit-The pictures of the items in the package is after removal and inflate/deflate just to show they were easy to get back into their sacks.

Hammock
    WB, DH, SLD
    Tarp
    ZPacks, Thunderfly
    Insulation
    EE, Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Spider 1.5/Beckett
    Thanks for posting this. I use my Cush as a pillow to put under my knees, inflated about half way. Very nice.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Thanks for posting this...I'm fairly happy with my NEMO Fillo pillow (which was $40!) but was interested in giving the X pillow a try, hesitating over the $15-20 cost of something I don't really "need". But the $8.64 price point is a lot more reasonable (I did get all 3 so-called free items, just for the heck of it).

I have been considering a klymit v pad instead of the UQ. I fight my UQ during setup and sleeping. Has anyone used one of these? Thoughts

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by baldknobber View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I use my Cush as a pillow to put under my knees, inflated about half way. Very nice.
    Thanks, I will try that tomorrow.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

Klymit Free Pillow Offer Review

I started out using the V pad in my WBRR DL. It worked fine. This year I went to a Ridgecreek XL with an UQ protector. Besides the weight savings, I find the UQ to be warmer and more comfortable. I plan to do a direct comparison sometime in the backyard.
    "Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Nice! My pillow is coming tomorrow. I wonder if they're assorted colors or all the same red/purple/whatever that is. Looks good for light trips.

I use my seat in the winter on day hikes at local parks when benches are covered in ice/crusty snow.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Nice! My pillow is coming tomorrow. I wonder if they're assorted colors or all the same red/purple/whatever that is. Looks good for light trips.

I use my seat in the winter on day hikes at local parks when benches are covered in ice/crusty snow.
    I didn't see any choice of color so I assume they were all the same? I am looking forward to your review of it, as my use will be basement only until the weather here cools drastically.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miquel Westano View Post
    I didn't see any choice of color so I assume they were all the same? I am looking forward to your review of it, as my use will be basement only until the weather here cools drastically.
    They were all ugly on amazon (tan, light green/turquiose-ish, red wasn't bad). So I set the bar low. No big deal for what it is.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Oh man what a miserable piece of gear! Maybe better on the ground in a tent? I tried all kinds of inflation levels. What you end up with is your head forced into the center, but a big ball at the top pushing down on your head. Annoying as well. Slippery, not even that light compared to my puffy SLD pillow. (2.45oz on scale without stuff sack; SLD pillow is 4.00 even).

Had to try it for $10. I lost.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast