Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Oh man what a miserable piece of gear! Maybe better on the ground in a tent? I tried all kinds of inflation levels. What you end up with is your head forced into the center, but a big ball at the top pushing down on your head. Annoying as well. Slippery, not even that light compared to my puffy SLD pillow. (2.45oz on scale without stuff sack; SLD pillow is 4.00 even).

Had to try it for $10. I lost.
    How about a video like your famous rain mitt experience a few years ago? Thanks for testing it out and saving me $10.. Bring it to the next group hang and find a new home for it.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    How about a video like your famous rain mitt experience a few years ago? Thanks for testing it out and saving me $10.. Bring it to the next group hang and find a new home for it.
    I believe this is what you're looking for

p.s. I laid that sarcasm on extremely thick, waist deep. But I’ll leave this disclaimer anyway just in case. Yes, I took it out of the trash. But that’s pretty much where it belongs.
    Last edited by OneClick; 07-30-2019 at 21:16.

Hammock
    WB BBXLC, DH, DIY, GT Hybrid
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Oh man what a miserable piece of gear! Maybe better on the ground in a tent? I tried all kinds of inflation levels. What you end up with is your head forced into the center, but a big ball at the top pushing down on your head. Annoying as well. Slippery, not even that light compared to my puffy SLD pillow. (2.45oz on scale without stuff sack; SLD pillow is 4.00 even).

Had to try it for $10. I lost.
    Interesting. I have used mine several times for naps in the hammock and find it works fine. It is a slick little rascal, and I just toss it in the gear shelf on the XLC and then put it under my head after I am in position. I have just a couple of puffs of air in it and it does move my head to the center. If over inflated it is too large under the top of my head. It took me about 10 minutes to get it inflated where I like it. I have not spent the night on it, and likely won't until fall, but I don't find it a bad pillow at all. I wouldn't give $25 for it, but at $10 I thought it was a good deal.

I got one of those, but my daughter stole it. I thought about getting another, but I thought the retail price was a bit high.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle

Klymit Free Pillow Offer Review

I tried most, if not all the products discussed so far. The V-sitpad, Cush/pillow, and X-pillow i got during this sale.

Below are my opinions/impressions:

The giant hammock V-pad was tedious to inflate and deflate/pack every day and it is heavy and ruins the signature comfort of a hammock.

The large X-pillow was my next trial and it’s not too bad. The material is definitely nicer than any of the others in this list. A good size if you like a large pillow. Especially if you use it as a sit pad. It’s a good size for most butts. The main problem is that it’s a bit wobbly. Especially for a sit pad, it’s very cushiony, but it takes some focus and stabilizer muscles, so you can’t fully relax. As a pillow it’s not as big of a deal, but the wobbliness is what keeps it from being perfect. It just doesn’t lock your head in place like you should want in a pillow.

Now onto the regular size X-pillow. The material isn’t as nice, but it’s not a dealbreaker. It’s about the same as the rest of Klymit’s inflatables. The baffle design is much more appropriate for a pillow because the 4 different baffles transfer air from one to another slowly and require a little pressure (more than the weight of your head), so you can dial it in and it will lock your head position allowing you to fully relax. It takes a little time to dial in the position and inflation level and baffle distribution, but it’s perfect afterwards. One thing I like about these inflatable pillows is that with long hair and it being wet after a shower or bath, the pillow is not affected by water like a down or Apex pillow. All this plus the weight and space savings over a down/Apex pillow with similar loft and size make this my new favorite pillow for the foreseeable future. It can work as a sit pad, but I don’t recommend it as a sitpad and pillow combo, if you value a nice sitpad. A little small and a little wobbly, but less so than the large X-pillow.

The V-sit pad is too thin for a sit pad and I’m only 150 pounds and I even tried it at max inflation. It’s also only just big enough for my standard adult sized butt. I would only recommend this as a child’s sit pad or a foot pad for sleeping in a hammock. As a hammock pillow, it just barely does the trick. This is a perfect sit pad and hammock pillow multi use item for the SUPER ULers because it will technically work.

The Cush long narrow “thing” is weird to me. It’s not a good pillow or sitpad and yet that’s what they claim it to excel at. I see why they are giving it away, lol. Someone above suggested using it as a knee pillow while in a hammock and that sounds like it’s worth a shot. I’ll try it tonight. Other than that it’s either going to be a knee pad at work or end up in the trash bin.

A lot of misses, but at least there was one really good hit out of the mix for me.
    Last edited by HandyRandy; 08-01-2019 at 11:16.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I got one of the small v sit pads. That's funny I also tried it as a pillow but it's too big, so too much goes past my head. Otherwise, it would probably work better than the actual pillow.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    I wanted to like this pillow, but it will end up at the bottom of the pillow bin. Pillows have become a quest for me and I think that I am up to about 10. My Sea to Summit Aeros has been my go to pillow (because it is comfortable enough for how light it is (2.4-3 oz maybe) - especially if I slide my buff over it. I just got one of Dutch's printed pillows and it still just wasn't the right size for me. Then I found a Rumple stuffable pillow that I had in my bin that I never really used because I didn't like the uneven feel when stuffed with a down jack or fleece. Once stuffed with my new Dutch pillow, though, and I might have the perfect fit. Certainly will need extensive testing. It ends up being around 7 oz, but still lighter than some of my other pillows.

IMG_2646.jpg

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    I wanted to like this pillow, but it will end up at the bottom of the pillow bin. Pillows have become a quest for me and I think that I am up to about 10. My Sea to Summit Aeros has been my go to pillow (because it is comfortable enough for how light it is (2.4-3 oz maybe) - especially if I slide my buff over it. I just got one of Dutch's printed pillows and it still just wasn't the right size for me. Then I found a Rumple stuffable pillow that I had in my bin that I never really used because I didn't like the uneven feel when stuffed with a down jack or fleece. Once stuffed with my new Dutch pillow, though, and I might have the perfect fit. Certainly will need extensive testing. It ends up being around 7 oz, but still lighter than some of my other pillows.

IMG_2646.jpg
    Have you tried the SLD pillow yet? It's made from Climashield Apex (same as Dutch's), but is a little larger. I have one, and it is great. It's priced well, and shipping is free too!

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    Have you tried the SLD pillow yet? It's made from Climashield Apex (same as Dutch's), but is a little larger. I have one, and it is great. It's priced well, and shipping is free too!
    Just ordered one. Haven't been disappointed in anything from Jared yet.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    I used the weird Cush thing in my Chameleon last night as a leg pillow. It worked well for that purpose...doubled up under my knees when I was on my back; spread out in a single layer between my knees when I was on my side.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast