Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    DIY TQ / JRB UQ
    Images
    Sorry for the delay, here is a bit more information on my Ninja-L quilt. The link to Taiga’s site was posted in one of the first posts, so I won’t rehash them.

Basic dimensions were taken without really stretching it out. Length is approximately 76” long, loft was 1 Ύ” to 2” each layer depending on where I measured. Width at the shoulders was 53” and 46” at the head with a 5” overlap created by the snap location. Width was 30” at the foot box snaps with additional 8” overlap creating a 'draft tube'.

Packed size is slightly bigger than my cool new purple Superfly tarp, weight in sack was 18.90 oz.

Laid out - and the loft (double layer) and single layer

Underside, note the offset snaps on the right below the hips. The snaps to close the quilt are set asymmetrically, this creates an overlapping 'draft tube' along the snapped portion of the underside from the hips to the feet, it also tapers the quilt from the hips down. The foot box snaps are 30” apart at the foot but there was ample room for me on the ground (Gasp!) or in the hammock. The 'draft tube' width varied along the length, 3” to 8”

The neck yoke with drawstring cinches to make sure your shoulders get covered and a true 2 ½” draft tube at the neck.

The drawstring foot box has a 6” draft tube that keeps the dreaded cold air from creeping in when it is cinched closed. There seems to be a bit of a foot box due to the way the snaps are configured. there was lots of room for my feet.

Overall I think it is a clever design and hope to sleep out this week to test the temperature rating, if it is anything like their other bags it should be right on if not slightly conservative.

(...now to get some pics of my uber-cool Superfly in purple, which is a lot darker than in the photo)

Cheers

And another option from Taiga, this time fully baffled...
    https://www.taigaworks.com/collectio...nja-plus-quilt

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    DIY TQ / JRB UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgunter View Post
    And another option from Taiga, this time fully baffled...
    https://www.taigaworks.com/collectio...nja-plus-quilt
    I just saw that today, waiting to hear back on what baffle size they are using.

The new one suits my temp requirements better for most times of the year so I might end up with one too.

As much as I like making my own quilts, buying them is so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Sorry for the delay, here is a bit more information on my Ninja-L quilt. The link to Taiga’s site was posted in one of the first posts, so I won’t rehash them.

Basic dimensions were taken without really stretching it out. Length is approximately 76” long, loft was 1 Ύ” to 2” each layer depending on where I measured. Width at the shoulders was 53” and 46” at the head with a 5” overlap created by the snap location. Width was 30” at the foot box snaps with additional 8” overlap creating a 'draft tube'.

Packed size is slightly bigger than my cool new purple Superfly tarp, weight in sack was 18.90 oz.

Laid out - and the loft (double layer) and single layer

Underside, note the offset snaps on the right below the hips. The snaps to close the quilt are set asymmetrically, this creates an overlapping 'draft tube' along the snapped portion of the underside from the hips to the feet, it also tapers the quilt from the hips down. The foot box snaps are 30” apart at the foot but there was ample room for me on the ground (Gasp!) or in the hammock. The 'draft tube' width varied along the length, 3” to 8”

The neck yoke with drawstring cinches to make sure your shoulders get covered and a true 2 ½” draft tube at the neck.

The drawstring foot box has a 6” draft tube that keeps the dreaded cold air from creeping in when it is cinched closed. There seems to be a bit of a foot box due to the way the snaps are configured. there was lots of room for my feet.

Overall I think it is a clever design and hope to sleep out this week to test the temperature rating, if it is anything like their other bags it should be right on if not slightly conservative.

(...now to get some pics of my uber-cool Superfly in purple, which is a lot darker than in the photo)

Cheers
    Thanks for laying out and measuring. Looks like a good option for my warmer temp TQ.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    DIY TQ / JRB UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by madvr6 View Post
    Thanks for laying out and measuring. Looks like a good option for my warmer temp TQ.
    I heard back from Taiga and their Ninja plus has baffles that are 3/4” finished size for the extra warmth.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12