WBBB XLC Double Multicam
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12/ MWG Mons
    Insulation
    ZPacks/LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Just open up the gathered end and run the SRL through the middle of the gather. No holes or sewing required. If you are handy with the thread injector, run your SRL inside the net, lay in in the hammock as you would sleep, and have somebody pin the netting to take the slack out. Make sure the slack is inside unless you want to get fancy and run a French seam. In that case pin the slack outside the hammock with a 5/8 seam allowance on the pins. Anyway, after pinning, run your desired stitch down the pin line and cut off the excess.

Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    I did this with my Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro a while back. All I did was sandwich the netting between two small squares of Gorilla Tape, and sewed around the perimeter for reinforcement. Then I used a soldering iron to poke a small hole to run the ridgeline through.
    I changed the setup yesterday and ran my SRL just through the openings at the ends of the bug net. Is there a reason you didn't do that? It seems to be working fine (hanging in my backyard any way!) My bug net is completely separate though and has quite a bit of extra room under the hammock so I'm not constrained by it getting too snug. Maybe that's the difference.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJansen View Post
    I changed the setup yesterday and ran my SRL just through the openings at the ends of the bug net. Is there a reason you didn't do that? It seems to be working fine (hanging in my backyard any way!) My bug net is completely separate though and has quite a bit of extra room under the hammock so I'm not constrained by it getting too snug. Maybe that's the difference.
    I don't believe mine has openings at the end of the bug net. The netting is completely sewn to the hammock body- except for the zipper portion. That's why I had to create an exit point for the ridgeline.

Hammock
    Dutch 12' Netless
    Tarp
    ProVenture Nylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Humming Bird style
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    I don't believe mine has openings at the end of the bug net. The netting is completely sewn to the hammock body- except for the zipper portion. That's why I had to create an exit point for the ridgeline.
    I did the exact same thing to my GT-SB. The GT does not have any openings to run the line through so this is the simple fix. There are several You-tube vids on this mod.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Can you point me to which YouTube video of his that is? Thanks!
    https://youtu.be/CcSJRhZJLiU

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    Can you point me to which YouTube video of his that is? Thanks!
    https://youtu.be/CcSJRhZJLiU and part 2 https://youtu.be/nSGM1UzwLOY
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC Double Multicam
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12/ MWG Mons
    Insulation
    ZPacks/LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    You guys are looking in the wrong spot. Grand Trunk, Skeeter Beater, Yukon Outfitters, and all the other cheap Chinese bug net hammocks are built the same. Imagine folding a blanket in half lengthways and then sewing some netting along the sides you folded together. You'd have a tube of blanket and netting. Now take the open ends of the tube and whip some rope around them to close them off. You now have a netted hammock. There's no hole in the net and there doesn't need to be. It's a gathered end hammock. Undo the gather/knot in the fabric material (not the netting) where the suspension wraps around and pass the SRL through the now open middle. If you have a loop turner you might not even need to undo the end. You may just be able to pull it right through the center of the cinched fabric. I'll try to remember to take a pic when I get home. I've got 2 that need the SRL rerouted and I just haven't gotten around to it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12