Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Structural ridgeline inside bug net?

My bug net currently hangs from my structural ridgeline, but I'd like to run the ridgeline through the bug net (so the bug net top seam lays on the ridgeline) so that I can attach ridgeline organizer, peak shelf, etc. inside. Any reason NOT to change up my ridgeline, bug net configuration so that the ridgeline is inside the bug net?

Hammock
    HH 4 Season Explorer XL
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJansen View Post
    My bug net currently hangs from my structural ridgeline, but I'd like to run the ridgeline through the bug net (so the bug net top seam lays on the ridgeline) so that I can attach ridgeline organizer, peak shelf, etc. inside. Any reason NOT to change up my ridgeline, bug net configuration so that the ridgeline is inside the bug net?
    I don't see any reason that would be an issue.. I have a HH, and that's how my bug net is setup. As long as the bugnet material is loose enough to allow you to put over the ridgeline without putting too much stress on the material when you're in the hammock.

No issues doing that.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    CRO Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle 15'
    No problem as long as the bug net isn't being stretched and too tight. You might pop a seam on the zipper. Give it a try.

I had a Walmart hammock that I added a SRL to. I followed Sarge Vining's youtube video and added grommets to run the line through.
    "God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by chefko View Post
    I don't see any reason that would be an issue.. I have a HH, and that's how my bug net is setup. As long as the bugnet material is loose enough to allow you to put over the ridgeline without putting too much stress on the material when you're in the hammock.
    Cool. It's a very roomy bug net. Pulling up some of the slack will actually be good I think.

Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post
    No problem as long as the bug net isn't being stretched and too tight. You might pop a seam on the zipper. Give it a try.

I had a Walmart hammock that I added a SRL to. I followed Sarge Vining's youtube video and added grommets to run the line through.
    Awesome, I will look into that video. My bug net is very roomy and could use some pulling up on the slack so I don't have a concern for it getting stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    No issues doing that.
    Great, thanks for the confirmation!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJansen View Post
    For what it's worth, I have a non-attached bug net, and I rest mine on top of the ridgeline. That way I have full access to my ridgeline organizer and such while the bugnet just lays on the outside of the hammock, UQ, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wbJohn View Post

Can you point me to which YouTube video of his that is? Thanks!

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I did this with my Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro a while back. All I did was sandwich the netting between two small squares of Gorilla Tape, and sewed around the perimeter for reinforcement. Then I used a soldering iron to poke a small hole to run the ridgeline through.

It was pretty easy, and has held up great.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast