Hammock
    WBBB XLC, WBRR,Dutch Argon1.6
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetle clips

New Haven tarp configuration help for a WBRR

I’m looking for advice regarding the configuration of a winter haven tarp for a Warbonnet Ridgerunner. My first concern is the length. I would prefer a 12 foot instead of 13 feet.Reason being is that I have a Tensa 4 stand With tarp extensions. 13 feet would also be very big if I use other hammocks . Will a 12 feet SLD WH work ? Is the doors going to close?

I’m also considering the internal poles option. Will the spreader bars hit the internal of the tarp?
    Should I also consider the ext pull outs ? How are the door snaps ? Should it be a cat cut design?

I also like the snap design instead of D rings , does it work well or should I go D ring.

Sorry for all the questions I just want make sure that I choose the right configuration. I’m planing of using this tarp as my main tarp for all my hammocks including my 11 foot hammocks.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Straps and Beetle
    I recomend reaching out to the owner of SLD. Jared should be able to answer your questions and steer you in the right direction.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC ; RR
    Tarp
    Superfly; W Haven
    Insulation
    WB TQ and UQ's
    Suspension
    Tensa4 and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2world View Post
    I’m looking for advice regarding the configuration of a winter haven tarp for a Warbonnet Ridgerunner. My first concern is the length. I would prefer a 12 foot instead of 13 feet.Reason being is that I have a Tensa 4 stand With tarp extensions. 13 feet would also be very big if I use other hammocks . Will a 12 feet SLD WH work ? Is the doors going to close?

I’m also considering the internal poles option. Will the spreader bars hit the internal of the tarp?
    Should I also consider the ext pull outs ? How are the door snaps ? Should it be a cat cut design?

I also like the snap design instead of D rings , does it work well or should I go D ring.

Sorry for all the questions I just want make sure that I choose the right configuration. I’m planing of using this tarp as my main tarp for all my hammocks including my 11 foot hammocks.

Did you end up with this tarp? I'm looking at the same configuration and application.

Thanks.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2world View Post

I have a 12' Winter Haven, but got a 13' Wind Haven specifically for my Ridge Runner. You can make the 12' tarp work, but it won't be ideal if you want the dogbones inside the doors completely. I would rather have my main water break outside of the doors so I got a 13'.

The internal pole mod makes all the difference in giving you the room for the spreader bars. You don't have to take them with a gathered end, but I usually do. I have all 3 internal poles, but usually just use the 2 end ones. It's easy for the spreader bars to hit your tarp when getting in the hammock, but never really after that and not a big deal if you are careful.

I don't think that you need the external pull outs with the internal pole mod unless you want to leave the poles at home and use trekking poles or just tie them out to a tree.

Both of my SLD tarps have snaps and I like them. Opinions vary, but I've never had a problem.

I would get cat cut because I think that it tightens down better when you want a taut tarp.

The D-ring will give you more options. I like the LineLoc 3s (especially with the 2.5 glowire from Lawson) and have them on a couple of my tarps, but you can always larkshead whatever you want (linelocs, dutch bling, etc) on a d-ring.

In the end, I like having more room under my tarp. The gram weenie in me likes to cut corners where I can, but I take a 12' hammock even with my gathered end hammocks. It really isn't that much added weight. I don't have a stand, though, so that might be the deciding factor for you.

• + New Posts