Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

MI - Gluttony Hang No. 6 - Gaylord/Elmira, Oct. 24-27, 2019

Can it really be that 2019 will be the 6th Annual Gluttony Hang? Time flies and the cholesterol builds up after 6 years of gluttonous weekends in the woods. Time to start planning for the 6th Annual 2019 Gluttony Hang, taking place Thursday, October 24th to Sunday, October 27th. From it's humble start at a campsite at Pinney Bridge CG back in 2014, this year we are back at our home turf on private property, approximately 15 miles southwest of Gaylord, MI. This 120 acre tract is owned by Turkey's (Ed) father-in-law Gary and he's letting us use it again. The NCT and the Jordan River Valley are only a few miles away.

There are acres of hardwood forest where you can setup anywhere. The improved farm road to the location is fine for a car or truck. On the edge of the woods, there will be a plowed (if snow) or mowed area for parking. At the back of the field, next to the woods will be the Gluttony 2019 base camp with firepit, tables, pop-up canopies (bring one if you've got one) and a rented super-sized porta-john nearby. Cost of the weekend is $20 per person to cover the porta-john, paper plates etc. and a nice dinner out for the property owner. Bring jugs of water and there is plenty of firewood available on site. If you need any other supplies, the local Meijer is less than 20 minutes away in Gaylord and there's a party store within a mile or so.

Since the Gluttony theme is tried and true, this year is no different. All food is cooked over the fire on the grill, cast iron frying pan or dutch oven. Bacon on the hour and there is always something to on the table to graze from. The options are endless, so feel free to bring whatever you want to share with the group.

Once again, we'll have another repeat of every popular craft beer tasting, and if we're lucky, they'll be a special brew created in honor of Gluttony #6. As we get closer to the hang, we'll have a better idea of how many are attending, so people can plan accordingly. If anyone wants to bring some small (or large) items for trading or selling, bring it along and see if you can find it a new home.

Please feel free to post what food/meal you plan on bringing. Here's the link to the google document:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Come on out and join us at this years hang! It's always great connecting with old friends and making new ones. Not sure if you've got the gear to handle the colder weather? Mention it when you reply to the thread and I'm sure someone can help you out. So come one, come all and let's start off the Michigan winter hang season.

Curious about what goes on at the Gluttony, here's some previous reports:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...12#post1931212
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...19#post1834219
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ember-3-6-2016
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...g-Nov-6-8-2015

The Gluttons went viral in May when we presented at the Michigan Bushcraft Gathering and made the final cut of Brooke Whipple's (from "Alone") video:
    Last edited by michigandave; 07-22-2019 at 08:51.

Hammock
    WBRR or custom gathered end
    Tarp
    Larger in winter,
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles,
    I’m in! I will make the chili again.

Hammock
    Currently an ETROL :)
    Tarp
    Hennessy rain fly
    Insulation
    North face M-bag
    Suspension
    Daisy chain straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeering View Post
    Aww yeah.
    {LK}

Hammock
    Currently an ETROL :)
    Tarp
    Hennessy rain fly
    Insulation
    North face M-bag
    Suspension
    Daisy chain straps
    Images
    I'll try to make it, but I don't know.
    {LK}

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Maybe as usual.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Yeah, I'm in!!

Wouldn't miss the chance to see the rare Pumkin King!! Hope you make it Garg....

Wife already mentioned she has 2-3 new recipes she wants to try before Gluttony to test before I can bring to camp. Oh well.... /snicker

Been a low cal, low bacon summer so far, I need my fix soon. I'll bring some extra tarps and frames depending on weather, sure hope it's nice like last year.

Gregori

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'm free this weekend, so shall I say..."50/50"? October is 110% throttle month. Best time of the year where I'm trying to pack in trips so I never know for sure.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Insulation
    UDQ TC/UQ
    Images
    Me and doc will be there

Quote Originally Posted by jdeering View Post
    Whoo buddy! That chili was awesome last weekend. I'll make sure to reserve 2 porta-johns this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SinglehandedLee View Post
    I'll try to make it, but I don't know.
    Hope you can make it up and meet some more of the crew. Lots of opportunities to see a variety of gear. Great seeing you last weekend and your always welcome around the campfire.

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Maybe as usual.
    I'll take that as a resounding yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregori View Post
    Yeah, I'm in!! Wife already mentioned she has 2-3 new recipes she wants to try before Gluttony to test before I can bring to camp.
    Knowing how much food you bring, you may have to make 2 trips back and forth from home. Make sure to bring lots of garlic bread!

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I'm free this weekend, so shall I say..."50/50"? October is 110% throttle month. Best time of the year where I'm trying to pack in trips so I never know for sure.
    It's car camping, so you can bring everything. Lots of space in the woods to get away from the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by camp casey View Post
    Me and doc will be there
    Pork chop steaks again? Those were amazing! This year your picture made the banner. Looking forward to hanging out with you and checking out your hot tent.

Thank you to everyone who has replied. Don't forget to add your info the spreadsheet so we have an idea who the Gluttons are for 2019:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Kq5v2-ZBc/edit

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I gained 10 pounds just reading the last few posts.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast