DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Discussion on Proposed Fee Changes for Coconino National Forest Campgrounds

The details of the announcement can be found here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cocon...d=FSEPRD640870

Firstly I will say that I think that a fee increase is completely reasonable for these areas. They are very popular campsites and I would like to see more money made available to maintain and improve them.

The only place where I am a little divided is on the larger group campgrounds. I think that $135/night for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is fair. Every weekend for those sites is booked 5-6 months in advance for the whole season. I do not think that Monday through Thursday gets as much usage. I would like to see those rates remain a little lower. Maybe around the $50-60 range. My guess is that whoever already uses it will continue though, so maybe I would just be giving away a little extra money.

On the personal side our fall group hang would triple in cost next year, however if they invest back into the site by adding water or other amenities I think that it is worth it. As for people that do not want the amenities... there is dispersed camping right next door.

Anyone have different thoughts or have an inside track on the proposed changes?
    Last edited by Kamper Kurt; 07-21-2019 at 23:19.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamper Kurt View Post
    The details of the announcement can be found here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cocon...d=FSEPRD640870

Firstly I will say that I think that a fee increase is completely reasonable for these areas. They are very popular campsites and I would like to see more money made available to maintain and improve them.

The only place where I am a little divided is on the larger group campgrounds. I think that $135/night for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is fair. Every weekend for those sites is booked 5-6 months in advance for the whole season. I do not think that Monday through Thursday gets as much usage. I would like to see those rates remain a little lower. Maybe around the $50-60 range. My guess is that whoever already uses it will continue though, so maybe I would just be giving away a little extra money.

On the personal side our fall group hang would triple in cost next year, however if they invest back into the site by adding water or other amenities I think that it is worth it. As for people that do not want the amenities... there is dispersed camping right next door.

Anyone have different thoughts or have an inside track on the proposed changes?
    The fee increase would not keep me away. I agree that having water onsite would be a plus...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    DIY dl bridge
    Tarp
    Diy silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Outdoor ink straps
    Increase seems a little steep, but it won’t keep me away. Too much fun to pass up

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    Increase seems a little steep, but it won’t keep me away. Too much fun to pass up
    What Redfish said.

Hammock
    RSBTR DIY Kit
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Dutch straps/cinch
    I'd attend either way. As long as we continue to lock in dates well in advance, so that I can manage travel.
    Red Belt Grand Master Barista. Don't ask me about it, or there will be coffee made.

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    for those who attend SoCal the price for admission daily; Yarrow $120.00, Lupine $75.00 and Sage $60.00. Depending on how many for example Yarrow 4 days the
    other 2 depending how many are attending. One draw back is parking only so many per site. So how this works is $30.00 per person and any overage is applied to the
    next year. Yes there is water available but everybody brings there own. Nice to have water to clean.
    Also think of the past before NPS charged $10.00 now $20.00 stay a week do the math unless you have the right pass.
    As others have said its fun to meet folks and play in the woods. So if its $135.00 for 4 days that's a plus better than daily. If 12 folks attend do the math or like me count on your fingers.

money.jpg
    Last edited by arczeneb; 07-23-2019 at 20:09.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Stay on topic folks or this post will get closed. The topic is Discussion on Proposed Fee Changes for Coconino National Foest Campgrounds ... not general increases, not about who makes the increases and how they should do it. I just removed posts because they turned political in nature.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    tablecloth for now
    Tarp
    Harbor Freight
    Insulation
    Blue Foam
    Suspension
    Web & Mule Tape
    the price increase won't stop me - but I do hope to see improvements for my money

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    I understand the need for the increases, and they don't seem unreasonable. Yeah, you can go dispersed for free, but having this place for what you get, I love it. It costs money to have folks clean and maintain things. And it's costing more all the time!

• + New Posts