DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Discussion on Proposed Fee Changes for Coconino National Forest Campgrounds

The details of the announcement can be found here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cocon...d=FSEPRD640870

Firstly I will say that I think that a fee increase is completely reasonable for these areas. They are very popular campsites and I would like to see more money made available to maintain and improve them.

The only place where I am a little divided is on the larger group campgrounds. I think that $135/night for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is fair. Every weekend for those sites is booked 5-6 months in advance for the whole season. I do not think that Monday through Thursday gets as much usage. I would like to see those rates remain a little lower. Maybe around the $50-60 range. My guess is that whoever already uses it will continue though, so maybe I would just be giving away a little extra money.

On the personal side our fall group hang would triple in cost next year, however if they invest back into the site by adding water or other amenities I think that it is worth it. As for people that do not want the amenities... there is dispersed camping right next door.

Anyone have different thoughts or have an inside track on the proposed changes?
    Last edited by Kamper Kurt; 07-21-2019 at 23:19.

• + New Posts