Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    For me, it was my tarp and the clothes I hiked out in. A lot of times I just let everything air out for a day.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    HG dyneema
    Insulation
    Diamondback,wookie
    Suspension
    Spider/Beetle
    Images
    Living in the the Keys its hard to get anything to dry outside. It either gets rained on or the humidity keeps it damp. I'm forced to dry everything inside with the help of air conditioning. I have a line set up in a back room along with chairs and workout equipment to drap other things on.

I just returned from a trip to NC mountains (trip report coming) and had lots of rain too. First time setting up and taking down in constant rain. Worst part for me was crouching under the tarp while setting up the hammock in the dry underneath. I'm tall with an old man's back. Hard to keep my backpack dry. Just bought a used ULA Circuit in hopes of keeping things dryer.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    WB Wooki 3S
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Great to meet you, Phantom Grappler! I had a great hike going NOBO that weekend from Iron Mountain Gap to 19E, camping at Ashley Gap and then Overmountain Shelter (The Barn). Beautiful scenery and great weather. Really memorable trip, and always great to sleep in the Blackbird!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Years ago ( '76 ) when I was at 29 Palms I use to dry my clothes in my car, with windows up. In the summer time, the heat inside the car would dry my clothes faster than the dryer.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB XLC Double Multicam
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12/ MWG Mons
    Insulation
    ZPacks/LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    I air/dry out all down items as soon as I get home whether they were used on trial or not. I have wall hooks in my gear closet just so I can hang/air out my down or other damp items for a few days before I throw them in their respective storage sacks. When I'm packing, I hang my empty storage sacks on the hooks so they are there waiting when I get home and I know everything got unpacked and made it home. If things are really damp I throw a box fan in there move the air and dry stuff out faster or I open the shades, turn on the ceiling fans and hang stuff from the curtain rods to get some radiant heat If for some never before experienced reason I was in a major hurry or things were to actually get wet, I'd use the drier on air dry with the wool drier balls in there to fluff everything back up. I'm like Jeff and the others with my tarps, tents, and footprints. If they're muddy or have a lot of bird blessings, I hose them off and then dry them in the yard or garage if it's wet at home. I have hooks in my garage ceiling for hanging our bikes that double as place to hang dry tarps and tents in a pinch. I'm not scared to put them in the drier on air dry as well if I have to.
    Last edited by mab0852; 08-05-2019 at 14:32.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    After my last trip I was glad to get back home to 88° and sunny, low humidity yesterday. Open the trunk, throw everything on the driveway in the sun and done in minutes. I still hang everything inside for a couple days just to be safe anyway...no hurry.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    A few nights ago I did a short impromptu overnighter.. it was HOT and Humid. Didn't realize just how hot and humid it was until I was packing up and I could feel the dampness on everything. No way to dry it at camp so when I got home I hung quilts and hammock in the garage.. took the opportunity to give them a light spritz of Fabreeze. They dried in no time.

Hung the tarp in the yard once the weather cleared and that too was good to go in no time.

Probably should have hung the Nero out too.. didn't think of it. I'll do it today.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123