DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers

Amok XL and Tensa 4....

So, I have to start by saying, I love both of these products. I was an early adopter of the Tensa 4 stand and use it primarily for camping off the back of my motorcycle (it works fantastically). I also am a “Draumr” fan, owning both a 3 as well as one of the new XL’s. It’s an incredibly comfortable hammock. I am on the limit of the Draumr 3 and the XL was a huge improvement for me.

This is not a bash of either product, I recommend them both regularly. However, I am having a heck of a time getting them to work together.

The Draumer XL, may just be too big for this stand. I cannot find an easy repeatable way to get in this hammock when using the Tensa 4. The combination has dumped me on the ground, more times then I care to admit. Getting in the Draumr XL when using two trees, “piece of cake”... Getting in the Draumr XL when it’s mounted to a Tensa 4, it’s like I’m trying out for a high wire act in a circus.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions you’d care to share? I’d love to be able to make these two work together. But after 20+ nights... I’m about to call it quits on using this combination...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Images
    I've tried it some (T4 and XL) and didn't have any particular problem.
    When you dumped to the ground, was it because the stand fell? Did you flip the Draumr over backwards?

The only times I've ever used the ground tether at both ends of the T4 were when using it with the Draumr. I initially tried with only the foot tether as I usually do. I had the Draumr offset to the side of the T4 baseline opposite the foot anchor line and had to use unequal length suspension on the 2 sides of the Draumr. It worked but I wasn't crazy about it. Since then, I've tethered both sides, centered the Draumr with equal lengths of suspension, and have been happier with it.

The only slightly awkward bit is getting in without getting tangled up it the lower parts of the T4 poles. I didn't have much trouble getting out.

In these pics, the hammock is being caught by wind and blowing more vertical than it would normally lay, unoccupied. I think the hammock is also a little higher off the ground in this setup than other times I've used the hammock and stand together.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Not had a terrible problem with mine. If you find a good setting.....measure and replicate. 'bout allI can add.
    The wider base seemed to make it easier to get in and out. Try side-saddle entry.
    Shug

Last edited by Shug; 07-17-2019 at 09:03.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    It's interesting to note how different the stand geometry is between Shug's and my photos. Check out how different the baselines are. Just goes to show that there are multiple ways to come up with stand "settings" that will work, and I agree that once you do find a combination that works, recording those settings somehow will make future setups simpler and more reliable without too much fiddling.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Not had a terrible problem with mine. If you find a good setting.....measure and replicate. 'bout allI can add.
    The wider base seemed to make it easier to get in and out. Try side-saddle entry.
    Shug

[ QUOTE=cmc4free;1978059]It's interesting to note how different the stand geometry is between Shug's and my photos. Check out how different the baselines are. Just goes to show that there are multiple ways to come up with stand "settings" that will work, and I agree that once you do find a combination that works, recording those settings somehow will make future setups simpler and more reliable without too much fiddling.
    Thanks guys,

I always tether both sides with my Draumr’s, the stand always stays stable. I’ve flipped the Draumr over backwards and I’ve had it slide out under me and drop me to the ground.

I’ve tried the “fold the foot end over towards the middle of the hammock, I’ve tried straddling the hammock body and sitting backwards. But I’m not failure with a “side saddle mount” (I’m going to research this tonight).

I’m also going to fiddle with widening the base

Right now I fail to successfully enter the Draumr XL about 30% of the time. I never had this happen with my Draumr 3.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    side saddle is demonstrated usually with the ergo combi videos I believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaJmnGk6MHk

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    Thanks Tikker, I can’t believe it’s that easy.... I’m going out in the backyard and setting everything up to try it...

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    Well, my “bucking bronc” has turned into a perfectly mannered “Western Pleasure pony”... I have no idea why I never considered this an option. Thanks Shug and Tikker for saving the day.

Side Saddle is definitely the best method to get into a Draumr XL using a Tensa 4.

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    I have many.. use them all
    Tarp
    Fimbul, HH Hex, SF
    Insulation
    Fimbul Twister UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Side saddle... https://www.instagram.com/p/ByQrKi6B...d=t987ongxv4lw

Sendt fra min SM-G960F med Tapatalk
    /Rasmus

www.instagram.com/fimbuloutdoors/
    www.fimbuloutdoors.blogspot.dk

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Fimbul View Post
    Draumr entrance was super smooth, nice demonstration

however, that also reiterated to me, why a quilt in a hammock > sleeping bag.

man that looked fiddly, yet i bet still no where near as bad as trying to accomplish that in a gathered end

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast